Stanander Fellowship UK 2017 for International Students is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Research level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at University of Surrey . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Institute of Advanced Studies is pleased to offer Santander Fellowship to study in the UK. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
The fellowship aims to foster interdisciplinary collaborations and encourage a flow of international scholars to visit the University of Surrey, enjoy their stay at Surrey and leave behind excellent ideas and innovations; the Institute of Advanced Studies has established a Fellowship scheme.
The Institute for Advanced Studies at the University of Surrey hosts small-scale, scientific and scholarly meetings of leading academics from all over the world to discuss specialist topics in a free-flowing and productive atmosphere, away from the pressure of everyday work. The Institute’s principal objectives in supporting these workshops are to attract international scholars to the University and to encourage new and productive research collaborations.
Fellowship is available for pursuing research.
There is no restriction on the discipline of the Fellow or the topic of the Fellowship, other than that the Fellow must work closely with one or more Surrey academics.
Fellows receive an allowance of up to £5000 to fund travel to and subsistence at the University (but not salary). The Fellowship scheme is supported by Santander Universities and by the University of Surrey.
Scholarship can be taken in
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this fellowship:
- Applicants for Fellowships must be supported by a member of the academic staff of the University of Surrey
- Applicants should normally be based and employed outside the UK in an academic institution or a government-funded research institute. Applicants should not have spent significant periods working or visiting in the UK in the recent past.
- Applicants should have a doctorate or equivalent professional experience and an excellent and established a track record in research given the stage in their career. The scheme does not support those studying for a PhD.
- Applicants of all nationalities are welcome. Fellowships may be used to pay for visas, but the Institute is not able to arrange visa applications.
Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Scholarships in the UK
Application Form Link
- Applications can only be submitted by an academic member of the University of Surrey (the ‘host’). They should be submitted by email to the IAS coordinator (m.dumic-at-surrey.ac.uk) by the deadline (midnight on 14 October 2016)
- The application form requests details of the applicant for a fellowship, the host, the work to be done during the Fellowship and the support requested. It also asks for the names and contact details of two referees. The referees must have agreed to provide a reference before the application is submitted and must able to provide a reference letter when contacted by the IAS Coordinator within 2 weeks of the submission deadline. If there is no response to the request for a reference within that period, the whole application will be void.
- A host can only submit one application in each of the annual Fellowship competition rounds.
Applications should be made before the deadline of 14 October 2016 for visits in the calendar year 2017. Applications can only be made through a University of Surrey academic, who acts as the host for the visit.