Study in France: Charpak Scholarship For Indian Students 2015 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Study in France: Charpak Scholarship For Indian Students 2015
Campus France is offering Charpak scholarship for Indian students who want to study in France. The scholarship program is run by the Embassy of France in India. Three types of programs are offered: Charpak Master’s Program, Charpak Exchange Program and Research Internship Program. First is awarded for one to two years of studies at the master’s degree level and other is awarded for a period of one to four months (duration of an academic semester) at the Bachelor’s or Master’s degree level. The application deadline is 7th June, 2015 for Master’s Program and 17th May, 2015 for Exchange Program.
- Scholarship is awarded for studying the subjects offered by the French institution.
- Scholarship is available for pursuing bachelor’s or master’s degree level.
- Embassy of France is providing this Scholarship.
Applicant must be an Indian national and reside in India and be 30 years old maximum.
-be a student currently enrolled at an Indian Institution of higher learning or a young professional employed in a company for a maximum of 3 years at the time of application
-the course must take place in France. If you have one semester or more of studies in another country, the scholarship will not be provided during that period.
-An exception will be made for Charpak scholarship holders who are currently completing their M1 in France. They may reapply for a second year of funding in order to complete their M2. There is no automatic renewal of the scholarship at the M2 level. Acceptance will be subject to academic performance at the M1 level and a new statement of purpose.
-Non-scholarship holders currently pursuing M1 in France are not eligible for the scholarship.
-be currently enrolled at an Indian institution of higher learning. Last year students may also apply
-the minimum duration of the internship must be 2 months and the maximum must be 3 months during May to July 2015.
How to Apply:
- Students from India can apply for this scholarship.
- The Charpak scholarship program is run by the Embassy of France in India. The programme is named after Georges Charpak (1924 – 2010). He was a French physicist who was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1992. During World War II, Georges Charpak served in the French Resistance. He was deported to the Nazi concentration camp of Dachau when he was 20 years old. Georges Charpak survived and received his PhD in Nuclear Physics at the age of 30 from the Collège de France. His later findings were of considerable significance for the advancement of civil nuclear engineering and biomedicine. After receiving his Nobel Prize, Georges Charpak became a tireless advocate of the “hands on” approach in science in elementary schools. His work lives on in tens of thousands of classrooms in France today.
- The Charpak Master’s Program is designed for one to two years of studies and Charpak Exchange Program is designed for exchange students for a period of one to four months (duration of an academic semester).
- -Student visa fee waiver (approx. 16500 INR)
-Monthly stipend of 615€ for up to 10 months (= 1 academic year, you can reapply for a second year)
-Medical insurance coverage(around 300 euros/year)
-Affordable student housing guaranteed
Additional benefit for Master’s Program
-Laptop allowance of 700€
-New benefit: Tuition fees of up to 6100€
- Your application will be selected on the basis of your academic excellence, as well as the consistency and quality of your statement of purpose. Knowledge of French will be an asset but is not mandatory. A tie-up between your current Indian institution and your future French institution will also be an asset.
- Awardees of the scholarship will be contacted via email or phone call; the results will be declared on 18th June, 2015.
Applicants should send the following documents via email.
-application form duly filled, signed, printed and scanned
-scanned copy of the first page of your passport (with photo and expiry date). If you will be getting your passport after the deadline, please attach passport application proof.
-your full Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages)
-Scanned copy of your admission/acceptance letter from the French higher education institution. If you have not received it before the deadline, attach an email correspondence to show that you are in the process of getting the acceptance letter from them.
-Attested (by a gazette officer or the Head of the institute where you studied/are studying) scanned copies of mark sheets of Higher Secondary School (XII), Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees (including those of completed semesters of the ongoing degree)
-French language certificate if any (from Alliance Française in India or any recognised university or Xth marks card if French was your second language)
Additional requirements for Exchange Program
-NOC from your Indian institution – it should mention that you are a student there and are selected for the exchange program. The name of French institution needs to be mentioned.
The application deadline is 7th June, 2015 for Master’s Program and 17 May, 2015 for Exchange Program.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
Share this Scholarship for others