Sydney PhD Scholarships of Biomedical Research in Australia 2015 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Sydney PhD Scholarships of Biomedical Research in Australia
, The Department of Biomedical Sciences is an integral part of Macquarie University’s Health Science Centre and is committed to improving patient health through world-class fundamental and translational medical research. We are currently offering three-year PhD scholarships to outstanding candidates wishing to undertake research training in the following core disciplines:
- Biomedical engineering
- Cancer biology
Our department offers a dynamic training environment, focused on a cross-disciplinary collaborative approach that integrates cutting edge proteomic, genomic and cell biology methods with unique animal models and human tissue analysis.
Prospective students can apply for a PhD in one of the following research programs within our department:
• Motor Neuron Disease and Neurodegeneration
• Melanoma Cell Biology
• Cancer Proteomics
• Bacterial biofilms in medicine
• Neurobiology of vital systems
• Biomedical Engineering
• Biomechanical Engineering
• Pulsatile function of the cardiovascular system
Please visit our PhD information web page for more information on the available projects.
We are looking for international and domestic candidates who have:
• Completed a Master of Research (MRes) degree (or equivalent) and achieved excellent results
• Achieved all requirements for direct PhD entry (including English requirements) and are competitive for scholarship
• A high level of motivation and a keen interest in medical science
• Excellent communication, teamwork and project management skills
• Demonstrated aptitude for undertaking laboratory work
To find out more about projects and our research, please visit our website and PhD information page: www.medicine.mq.edu.au
Prospective PhD applicants should refer to the Higher Degree Research Office webpage for information on:
Program eligibility criteria http://www.hdr.mq.edu.au/information_about/research_degrees/applications/entry_criteria
How to submit an application http://www.hdr.mq.edu.au/information_about/research_degrees/applications/entry_criteria
Before you apply, please ensure you first make contact with a researcher listed against the project you are interested in applying for.
For international and domestic scholarship opportunities visit here:
Some applications close 31 August 2015 for 2015 and 2016 enrollments.
Read more: Scholarships in Australia