Thailand 700 Training Fellowships and 70 Postgraduate Scholarships for Developing Countries 2018 is open for Developing Countries . The scholarship allows Postgraduate level programm(s) in the field of Climate Change, Public Health, Food Security taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholarship Description: The Thailand International Cooperation Agency (TICA) in cooperation with Thai Universities/Academic Institutions is offering the scholarships for master’s Degree/Diploma Certificates through the Thailand International Postgraduate (TIPP) for 2018.
Scholarship Provider: Thailand International Cooperation Agency (TICA) was established on 19 October 2004 by a Royal Decree to serve the Royal Thai Government as a focal agency under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand in administrating international development cooperations.
Candidates must have a good command of English. Candidates whose English is not the first language/Bachelor’s degree was not taught in English/ who is from a country other than New Zealand, USA, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada has to pass an English Language proficiency test according to criteria announced by University regulations.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships focus on development topics of their expertise which can be categorized under five themes namely; Food Security, Climate Change, Public Health, other topics related to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and “Sufficiency Economy Philosophy” or SEP.
Scholarship Benefits: Successful candidates will be offered an award which covers:
- Return economy class airfare
- Accommodation allowance
- Living allowance
- Book allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Settlement allowance
- Airport meeting service
Number of Scholarships: TICA offers over 700 training fellowships and 70 postgraduate scholarships. Each eligible countries/territory can nominate up to five (5) candidates per academic program.
Eligible Nationalities: Citizens of developing countries are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must be nominated by central government agencies in a country from the TIPP eligible countries/territories list.
- Candidates should be an officer or agent (preferably from government agencies) currently working in the area related to the course provided.
- Candidates must have bachelor degree and/or professional experience related field or related to graduate degree.
- Candidates must have a good command of English.
- It is recommended that candidates be less than 50 years of age.
- Candidates must have good physical and mental condition.
- TICA reserves the rights to revoke scholarship offered to participants who are pregnant during the period of study or violate rules and regulations.
- Other requirements apart from these will be under consideration by the University regulations.
English Language Requirements: Candidates must have a good command of English. Candidates whose English is not the first language/Bachelor’s degree was not taught in English/ who is from a country other than New Zealand, USA, the United kingdom, Australia, Canada has to pass and English Language proficiency test according to criteria announced by University regulations.
The nomination must be supported by the following four documents;
- Application form
- Medical Report
- Recommendation letters
- English score (e.g. TOEFL/IELTS)
- One original with two (2) copies of all forms duly filled out, counter-signed and stamped by the authorized person must be submitted.
The nomination must be made by central government agencies in charge of the nomination of national candidates (such as Ministry of Foreign Affairs) or by relevant central government agencies for which the nominated candidates currently work. The nomination must be in line with relevant rules and regulations of the nominating countries/territories.
Each eligible countries/territory can nominate up to five (5) candidates per academic program.
- The nomination must be submitted to TICA through the Royal Thai Embassy/ Permanent Mission of Thailand to the United Nations/ Royal Thai Consulate-General accredited to eligible countries/territories. (See “List of Eligible Countries/Territories”)
- Originals of nomination documents, duly filled out, must be received no later than a specified deadline for each academic program.
- The application form must be filled in the typed-block letter.
Each embassy has a different deadline.