The Big Bang Theory Fellowship is for entering masters or doctoral students who received the Big Bang Theory Scholars undergraduate scholarship at UCLA, and who wish to pursue graduate education in the STEM fields within the University of California system.
As an international student studying at UCLA (University of California, Los Angeles), you can expect a diverse and dynamic academic environment with a wide range of opportunities and challenges. Here are some general aspects of studying at UCLA as an international student:
Academics: UCLA is a renowned research university with a strong emphasis on academics. As an international student, you will have access to a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs across various fields of study, including science, engineering, arts, humanities, social sciences, and more. You will be taught by world-class faculty, engage in cutting-edge research, and have access to state-of-the-art facilities and resources.
Campus Life: UCLA has a vibrant campus life with a diverse student body representing over 100 countries. You can expect a multicultural and inclusive community that provides opportunities to meet people from different backgrounds, participate in various cultural and social activities, and join clubs and organizations to pursue your interests.
Support for International Students: UCLA offers comprehensive support services for international students, including orientation programs, academic advising, immigration and visa support, English language programs, and cultural adjustment resources. There are also dedicated offices, such as the Dashew Center for International Students and Scholars, that provide assistance and resources specifically for international students.
- Cost of Living: Los Angeles can be an expensive city to live in, and the cost of living at UCLA as an international student will depend on various factors such as housing, transportation, meals, and personal expenses. It's important to plan and budget accordingly, and explore options for financial aid or scholarships that may be available to international students.
- Cultural Adjustment: As an international student, you may experience cultural differences and adjustments to a new environment, including language, customs, and social norms. UCLA and its support services can provide resources and support to help you navigate these challenges and thrive in a diverse community.
Career Opportunities: UCLA has a strong career services center that offers resources and support for international students in finding internships, jobs, and career development opportunities. You may also have access to a network of alumni and professionals that can provide guidance and support in your career aspirations.
Overall, studying at UCLA as an international student can be a rewarding and enriching experience, offering world-class academics, a diverse campus community, and numerous opportunities for personal and professional growth. It's important to be prepared for the challenges and adjustments that may come with studying abroad, but with the right support and resources, you can have a successful academic journey at UCLA.
The Big Bang Theory Graduate Fellowships for Masters and PhD students 2023-24, UCLA, USA. is available to undertake PhD, Masters, Fellowship level programs at University of California.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Dental Sciences
- Public Health
- STEM Field
Eligible students may receive up to $20,000 per year, for up to five years.
This scholarship is open for international students.
1. Students must be admitted to a UC graduate program such as:
• Research-based masters or PhD in a STEM field
• Medical School (MD)
• Dental School (DDS or DMD)
• Master of Public Health (MPH)
2. Applicants must have participated and completed the Big Bang Theory undergraduate scholars program and received their qualifying degree from UCLA within two to five years* of applying to the Big Bang Theory Fellowship program.
3. Maximum of five years of funding from the Chuck Lorre Foundation, as administered by UCLA Division of Graduate Education. Eligibility for annual renewal will be based on the following:
• Student remains in good academic standing as defined by their specific degree program;
• Maintains “full-time” status or meets minimum unit enrollment as defined by degree program; and
• Remains within the University of California.
• Continuing students submit annual progress updates via the Office of Scholarships and Student Support Initiatives (SSI)
4. Any changes to a scholar’s graduate program or focus need to be shared with the Office of Scholarships & Student Support Initiatives as soon as possible. Changes could impact scholar eligibility for this fellowship.
• Deadline for first-year applicants is May 1. The Big Bang Theory Graduate Fellowship Application will be provided by, and must be submitted to the Office of Scholarships and Student Support Initiatives at [email protected]
• Deadline for continuing graduate students’ funding is May 1. All continuing scholars must submit annual progress updates.