The International Prize 2012 Foundation, Altran Foundation, Italy is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .The International Prize 2012 Foundation, Altran Foundation, Italy
It was 1981 when the first were isolated pluripotent stem cells. The history of stem cells is relatively young but has a significant influence on the content of basic research and the principles of the discipline known today as bioethics. Stem cells do not have a physiological specialization, their pluripotency causes can divide indefinitely to give rise to daughter cells identical to the mother cells or which can produce specialized cells for certain tissues of the body. By virtue of this characteristic, the stem cells have been identified as one of the solutions for the maintenance and renewal of vital tissues , including blood, muscles, and skin.
Deadline: 31 Oct 2012
Scientific research and the study of these cells explain the functioning of the organism's development, facilitate the non-invasive testing of new drugs, allow you to replace damaged cells with new cells and especially allow the treatment of severe diseases such as heart disease, the degenerative diseases of the nervous system, diabetes, lymphoma. In this sense, the stem cell therapy is also an alternative to the increasingly complex system of donations. The stem cells of the umbilical cord, for example, are today a therapeutic option for leukemias and metabolic disorders encountered in adults and children.
The potential of these cells and their use for the improvement of life are recognized by the international scientific community. But much remains to be investigated. contribute to the advancement of methods and tools for the study of stem cells represents - both for the individual subjects as well as for public and private companies - an opportunity to improve the quality of life of future generations.
Who can participate?
The 2012 Prize of the Foundation is open to anyone (regardless of nationality), any working group and all the facilities that operate within or in close collaboration with one of the countries in which it is organized the prize, in this case ' Italy.
Can send your application schools and universities, private companies, associations, research centers, public or private.
- Demonstrate that the project has utility of general interest, innovative and possible application in the short or medium term.
- Demonstrate the ability to "spread" of technology
- Demonstrate the technical and financial feasibility of the project.
- The candidate must announce how it intends to take advantage of the accompaniment technology offered by Altran.
The selection is based on sending an application form and an oral presentation.
Click here to view details.
- Applications must be submitted by midnight on Wednesday, October 31, 2012.
- Any omissions or deficiencies in the application form will result in disqualification of the candidate's office.
- The file will be transmitted only in electronic format.
- The oral presentation will be held between 3 and 7 December 2012