To be eligible for consideration for an international scholarship, applicants must:
· have a Conditional Acceptance Letter
· fill the scholarship form
· be classed as an international student for tuition fee purposes.
Terms and Conditions
1. To be eligible for consideration for an international scholarship, applicants must: (a) have a Conditional Acceptance Letter, and (b) be classed as an overseas student for tuition fee purposes.
2. Students who are sponsored (i.e., fees are being paid) by their employers, government, or a funding body (full/part) are not eligible to apply for these scholarship awards.
3. Applicants are only eligible to apply for a scholarship if they are planning to enroll in the first year of their program in February 2022. Students due to enroll in the second, third, or fourth year of their course in February 2022 or students repeating their first year of study are not eligible to apply.
4. Applicants must be a new international student starting a new program. We cannot consider applications from students who are currently studying at CWU unless progressing onto a new program.
5. The scholarships will be a tuition fee exemption. If you are awarded a scholarship, your fee will be adjusted before you enroll.
6. If you are granted any other scholarship, bursary, and/or fee reduction from the University the maximum amount granted will not exceed 60% of the tuition fee, except for candidates who are awarded a Fully funded Scholarship.
7. The scholarship is not transferable and will not be awarded if you choose to postpone your enrollment to a different start date, or if you choose to transfer to a different program at the University.
8. Applicants will be informed whether they have (or have not) been awarded a scholarship (and of the value of the scholarship award if they have been awarded) within four weeks of the application deadline dates.
9. The scholarship will be granted when an applicant accepts their scholarship offer, accepts, and meets the conditions of their course offer, and are eligible to enroll on the course.
10. Scholarships are competitive and selection is based on the information provided on the scholarship application form. It is, therefore, of great importance that you give your scholarship statement careful thought and preparation, and that you refer to the criteria provided.
11. The University’s decision in all matters relating to the scholarship is final.
12. If your scholarship application is successful, we may ask you to become a student ambassador or to appear in online and/or printed marketing materials for the University. For example, providing a student profile and a photograph which may be used to promote the University and the University’s scholarship schemes and courses. Your name and program will be printed in the Scholarships Awards Celebration Program.
13. If a student fails to complete an eligible course that has received the scholarship and chooses to retake the course or undertake another eligible course, then the scholarship will not be applied again.
14. If a student fails to complete a course and the scholarship was not applied (i.e., the student did not pay the tuition fees, or the tuition fees were reimbursed) then subject to the eligibility criteria, the scholarship may be available should the student choose to retake the course or undertake another eligible course. Students must re-apply for the scholarship.