TWAS─Samira Omar Innovation for Sustainability Award: Nominations are invited from scientists from least developed countries (LDCs) for the TWAS─Samira Omar Innovation for Sustainability Award aimed at honoring women scientist working in an area relevant to sustainability.
The Innovation for sustainability award will reward scientists contribution in an area, albeit multidisciplinary, directly relevant to the science of sustainability. TWAS is inviting nominations for the 2021 award from all its members as well as science academies, national research councils, universities and scientific institutions in developing and developed countries.
TWAS─Samira Omar Innovation for Sustainability Award Programme for Developing Countries 2021 is available to undertake Masters level programs at The World Academy of Science (TWAS).
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem.Rep. Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Lao, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Yemen, Zambia.
To be eligible for the Innovation for Sustainability Award 2021:
- The 2021 award will be awarded to a woman scientist national of a Least Developing Country (LDC), living and working in a LDC during the last two years immediately prior to their nomination, based on scientific achievements in any of the thematic areas below:
- Clean and renewable energy
– Green chemistry
– Sustainable agriculture and agrobiodiversity
– Plastic: degradation, pollution and microplastics
– Water purification and sanitation
– Climate change: environmental effects, methane contribution, carbon capture
– Transportation technologies: efficiency for smart cities
– Waste management
– Biodiversity: the sixth mass extinction, ecosystem services, habitat recovery and restoration
– Ecological economics and planetary health
Interested nominators for the TWAS─Samira Omar Innovation for Sustainability Award are to submit their nominations electronically through the on-line platform.
Nominations should include the following:
- Nominator contact details;
- Nominee contact details (self nominations are not accepted) and general information on the nominee;
- Authorization from the nominee (i.e. the candidate) to process her personal data for the purposes of her nomination, in conformity to Art. 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003
- Suggested citation (15-20 words highlighting the nominee’s scientific achievements);
- Supporting statement regarding the nominee’s contribution.
- Clear and detailed account of any time spent abroad by the nominee in the past two years;
- PhD: information on subject area, year and awarding institution;
- Brief information on membership in academies and societies;
- Brief information on awards and honours received;
- List of 10 most significant publications listed in an internationally acceptable format;
- The nominee’s brief CV and her complete list of publications are also to be uploaded, separately, onto the online platform.
- The nominee’s h-index in Google Scholar and the associated number of citations.
Application Deadline: 12 May 2021
Visit the Official Website for more Details