UCD Global Excellence Scholarship for Chinese Students in Ireland, 2017 is open for . The scholarship allows Undergraduate level programm(s) in the field of Medicine taught at University College Dublin Ireland . The deadline of the scholarship is .
University College Dublin is offering UCD Global Excellence Scholarship for Chinese students in Ireland. Scholarships are available to pursue the full-time undergraduate programme.
The Scholarship Program is funded by UCD International and aims to attract excellent candidates to the UCD’s undergraduate programs and encourage early application.
The scholarships are based on an applicant’s academic performance in high school and Gaokao scores (for undergraduate awards), or undergraduate results (for graduate awards), as well as a personal statement.
University College Dublin is ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide. It is the Ireland’s largest and most global university with over 30,000 students.
Scholarships are available to pursue the undergraduate programme.
Scholarship awards are applicable to full-time undergraduate programmes this is excluding all clinical programmes.
The financial awards range from 25-100% annual tuition.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The Scholarship Program is funded by UCD International and aims to attract excellent candidates to the UCD’s undergraduate programs and encourage early application;
- Scholarships are open to self-funding candidates;
- Applicants must be Chinese, current residents of China and classified as non-EU for tuition fee and application purposes;
- In order to be eligible to apply for this advertised scholarship, applicants must have ‘Offer’, ‘Conditional Offer’, ‘Accept’ or ‘Conditional Accept’ status associated with their application.
- Successful candidates will be selected on merit paired with a holistic review of their scholarship application;
- Only applications received before January 31st, 2017 will be considered;
- Decisions will be made by the Scholarship Committee and candidates will be notified within two weeks of the committee decision;
- Once scholarship awards are issued, students must accept this offer by the specified method within two weeks of the notification being distributed by the committee. It is the student’s responsibility to formally accept the scholarship offer, a non-response will be considered as declining the offer.
- Students awarded a scholarship must commit to participating in student panels, focus groups, blogs and other activities as requested by UCD International;
- A student who withdraws, cancels or becomes inactive, enrols less than full-time, is suspended, or dismissed from the University will lose his/her scholarship eligibility. A student who takes such a status due to medical reasons may appeal in writing to Scholarship Committee to have his/her scholarship reinstated. The appeal must be submitted with supporting documentation, such as a letter from a doctor. In such a case, for there to be a possibility for reinstatement, a student’s leave from the University cannot exceed two consecutive semesters;
- A student who declines an initial offer of admission and accompanying scholarship offer will not retain his/her scholarship offer if he/she reapplies at a later date.
- Continuous full-time enrollment and attendance is required to retain a scholarship award;
- The issued scholarship will be deducted from your University fee account.
- Scholarships are renewable annually subject to the student maintaining an annual grade point average of no less than 3.08/4.2 (upper second class).
- Scholarship awards are applicable to full-time undergraduate programmes this is excluding all clinical programmes.
- This scholarship is not eligible to be combined with any other tuition scholarship.
Chinese students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply:
Before making an application for Scholarships please apply online to your chosen programmes at www.ucd.ie/international/apply
Scholarship application deadline is January 31st, 2017.