Scholarship Provider: UK Research and Innovation is a new body which works in partnership with universities, research organizations, businesses, charities, and government to create the best possible environment for research and innovation to flourish
Degree Level: Fellowship is available to study research fellowship.
Available Subject: Fellowship is available for all research areas.
Scholarship Benefits: Typically awarding at least 100 fellowships per call across UKRI’s remit (with the initial round being smaller, aiming to award ~50 fellowships).
Eligible Nationalities: Scholarship is available for international students
Entrance Requirement This cross-UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) scheme will support early career researchers and innovators with outstanding potential in universities, the UK registered businesses, and other research and user environments including research councils’ institutes and laboratories.
- The objectives of the scheme are:
- to develop, retain, attract and sustain research and innovation talent in the UK
- to foster new research and innovation career paths including those at the
- academic/business and interdisciplinary boundaries, and facilitate movement of people between sectors
- to provide sustained funding and resources for the best early career researchers and innovators
- To provide long-term, flexible funding to tackle difficult and novel challenges, and support for adventurous, ambitious programmers.
Application Procedure: There will be six calls for these fellowships; two calls per year between 2018-19 and 2020-21 (financial years), typically awarding at least 100 fellowships per call across UKRI’s remit (with the initial round being smaller, aiming to award ~50 fellowships).
This is a single scheme across the entire UKRI remit, with no ring-fenced budgets for specific areas and no barriers to interdisciplinary or cross-sector research.