UK The Manly Trust Engineering Bursary for Undergraduates 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Undergraduate level programm(s) in the field of Engineering taught at University of Surrey . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholarship Description: The new Manly Trust Engineering Bursary is available on offer starting from October 2018. Bursary is available to pursue undergraduate degree programme in Engineering in the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences (FEPS).
The Manly Trust’s primary objective is to advance the science of engineering by granting financial assistance to organisations that encourage an interest in STEM subjects amongst young people or that promote or provide education in engineering.
Scholarship Provider: The University of Surrey is a public research university located in the county town of Guildford, Surrey, in the South East of England, United Kingdom. The university specialises in science, engineering, medicine and business.
Degree Level: Bursary is available to pursue undergraduate degree programme.
Available Subject: Bursary is awarded in Engineering in the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences (FEPS) at the University of Surrey.
Scholarship benefits: The Manly Trust has agreed to provide a gift of £9,000 over three years (£3,000 per year, not including Professional Placement Year).
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this bursary.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
To be eligible, you must have an offer to study from the University of Surrey. You must also have attended a State Secondary School / Sixth Form College in either Surrey, Kent, Hampshire, East or West Sussex, and meet one or more of the following Widening Participation criteria:
- From neighbourhoods where higher education participation is low as defined by home postcode, known as a low participation neighbourhood (LPN) (Check the eligibility of your postcode – Quintiles 1 and 2 qualify)
- You are a female student (an under-represented group in Engineering)
- From Black or Minority Ethnic (BME)
- Neither parent has attended university.
If you are the holder of an In2Surrey Scholarship offer, you are eligible to apply as long as you meet the above criteria.
Language Requirements: The following qualifications are accepted by the University as evidence that you meet our minimum level of competence in English:
- GCSE English Language grade C or Grade 4, or above
- Country equivalencies for GCSE English Language grade C/4 as defined on the Qualification Database
- iGCSE English as a First Language grade C, Second Language grade B, in all four elements
- International Baccalaureate English grade 4 at either standard or higher level where the IB meets the normal, academic, entrance requirements
- AS Level in English Language or English Literature
- A level in English Language or English Literature
- European Baccalaureate English 6 (Language 1/2) or 7 (Language 3)
- Successful completion of a University of Surrey Pre-sessional English Language programme immediately preceding the main degree programme
- Pearsons Test of English – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- IELTS (Academic) – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- TOEFL (ibt)- the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English (ISE) – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
Application Procedure: To apply for this bursary, students with offers from the University of Surrey should complete an application form and then send the completed form to
-at-surrey.ac.uk by 21 July 2018.
Successful students will be advised of their application following confirmation of their A level results and place at Surrey.
July 21, 2018