Umea School of Business and Economics PhD Students Position in Sweden, 2017 is open for International Students The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Economics taught at Umeå School of Business The deadline of the scholarhip is .Scholarship Description:
The Umea School of Business and Economics is delighted to offer PhD Students Position in Economics to study in Sweden. The research project focuses primarily on income dynamics and worker heterogeneity with the objective of improving the design and performance of social insurance.
In each recruitment, university aim to increase diversity and the opportunity to affirmative action.
The Umea University is dedicated to providing creative environments for learning and work. We offer a wide variety of courses and programmes, the world leading research, and excellent innovation and collaboration opportunities. Umeå School of Business and Economics (USBE) has more than 170 employees including about 90 graduate teachers and researchers. The activities consist of research and teaching in business administration, economics and statistics. Currently, the School has more than 2000 students.
Position is available to pursue PhD programme.
Position is awarded in the field of Economics.
Normally, the PhD program amounts to four years of full-time studies. Each PhD position consists of a two-year scholarship followed by a two-year PhD student employment. The PhD position may also include part-time teaching (up to 20%). If so, the total time for the position is extended corresponding to the teaching time.
Number of Scholarships:
Two positions are available.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Requirements and qualifications
- The general requirement for admission is a degree on the advanced level, or the applicant has a total of 240 ECT credits of which 60 credits are at the advanced level.
- The specific requirement for admission is that the applicant has at least 90 ECT credits in Economics.
- The main qualifications are scientific skills, a strong interest in research, and the ability to work independently as well as in a team to accomplish the required tasks.
- Applicants must be proficient in both oral and written English.
- Applicants with a degree from a non-Swedish university are encouraged to provide their results from the GMAT (and/or GRE) and TOEFL tests if available.
- Documented skills in using quantitative methods such as Mathematics and Econometrics are a merit.
International students are eligible to apply for this position.
The mode of application is online.
The application shall contain the following documents:
- A cover letter summarising your qualifications, scientific interests and motives for applying (max 2 pages).
- Curriculum Vitae.
- A research proposal (max 2 pages) presenting your research ideas and how they are contributing to the current literature in Labor Economics. The research proposal will play an important role in the selection of candidates.
- Degree certificates.
- Bachelor- and/or Master thesis or similar documentation of research skills.
- Name and contact information of two references.
The application should be written in Swedish or English and submitted via our recruiting system. The last day to apply is August 15, 2017.