University of Bamberg International Scholarships, Germany, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD, Research level programm(s) in the field of taught at University of Bamberg . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Applications for the Starter Scholarships (period October 2017 – September 2018) are being accepted now. These scholarships are open to German and international students for pursuing the doctoral research programme.
The primary goal of the school is to provide doctoral scholars with an outstanding, supportive environment for learning, research, and career development.
The Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences (BAGSS) is a multidisciplinary Graduate School funded by the German Science Foundation (DFG) as part of the German Excellence Initiative. The School was established in 2010 to create an innovative working and learning environment for exceptionally qualified doctoral researchers.
Applicants must have an excellent command of English. If English is not their native tongue, they will need to provide an English language proficiency proof when being shortlisted and invited for an interview.
Scholarships are available for pursuing the doctoral research programme.
Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered within the Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences (BAGSS).
Up to six scholarships are awarded at a time. The scholarship amounts to 1,365.00 EUR per month plus a grant for material costs, adding up to a total of 1,468.00 EUR, plus family allowances and child-care expenses in accordance with the DFG guidelines where applicable.
- Applicants should hold a master’s degree or an equivalent in one of the following fields: sociology, psychology, educational sciences, political science, economics, demographics, or statistics. Qualified graduates of related subjects with a strong social science background and with a research proposal fitting into BAGSS’s research profile are also encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must have an excellent command of English. If English is not your native tongue, you will need to provide an English language proficiency proof when being shortlisted and invited for an interview.
Scholarships are open to German and international students.
If students wish to apply for a Starter Scholarship, then they should apply online, using an electronic form. Application documents need to be saved as pdf in the following order:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research proposal(s)
- Scan of all academic degree certificates and all university grade transcripts
- Statement on knowledge of research methods
- Proof of English skills (if available)
Applications for the scholarship year October 2017 – September 2018 are accepted from December 22, 2016, until February 28, 2017.