University of Edinburgh Informatics Global PhD Scholarships in UK, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of School of Informatics taught at University of Edinburgh . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
Applications are invited from exceptional students of all nationalities who want to pursue a full-time PhD in the School of Informatics from September 2018.
The University of Edinburgh, founded in 1582, is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities.
All applicants to the University will be asked to demonstrate a level of English language competency, regardless of their nationality or country of residence.
Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Scholarships are awarded in the School of Informatics.
Informatics Global PhD Scholars will receive full financial support for the duration of their PhD studies, for up to 3.5 years. This will include:
- Full funding of all tuition fees, including overseas fees if applicable
- A stipend of £15,000 per year
- An additional research support fund of £2,000 per year for the first three years. This can be used for a variety of purposes approved by your supervisor including, but not restricted to, purchase of a laptop, attending conferences where you present a paper, specialist software or equipment.
Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Applications will be accepted from all candidates; there are no restrictions based on nationality or domicile.
- Candidates should be in receipt of, or expected to obtain a high academic award from their most recent degree. In practice, this means a 1st class UK degree or a distinction at UK Masters level in a relevant discipline. Students with non-UK qualifications should check the equivalence of their degrees. Candidates must also meet certain minimum requirements for English language competency.
Before applying you should ideally contact an academic supervisor in the School of Informatics, discuss your research interest, and obtain their agreement to supervise you. When you have found a supervisor, you must first complete an application for PhD admission in the research institute of your chosen supervisor.
You can select your chosen institute from the table below to access the relevant PhD application form. You must then apply separately for an Informatics Global PhD scholarship using the online form.
February 1, 2018