University of Haifa International School Masa Scholarship for International (Non-Israeli) Students in Israel, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
The University of Haifa International School offers scholarships to enable talented International (Non-Israeli) students to undertake one-year master’s program in Archaeology (focus on Prehistoric Archaeology).
The master’s program focuses on the prehistory and paleoenvironment of the Mount Carmel region, with course topics also ranging from environmental archaeology; archaeological theory and method; and archaeology of the Southern Levant. Students can choose to specialize in one of many relevant topics, such as lithic, faunal, geological and palynological studies.
The University of Haifa is one of Israel’s leading research universities, and it is dedicated not only to academic excellence but to social responsibility as well. An exciting and inspiring cultural mosaic, the University of Haifa is a microcosm of Israeli society. The diverse student population of 18,000 students is made up of Jews and Muslims, Christians and Baha’i, Druze and Bedouin, new immigrants and native Israelis alike. There are also a growing number of international students from around the world.
Degree Level: Scholarship is available to pursue master degree programme.
Available Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Archaeology (focus on Prehistoric Archaeology) from the Faculty of Humanities and the Department of Archaeology.
Scholarship Benefits: Eligible participants over the age of 21 automatically receive $2,400 – $4,500 US (depending on the length and cost of your program). Masa Israel also offers eligible participants up to $3,000 US in additional needs-based scholarships.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Accredited BA degree in the humanities, natural or exact sciences, diploma and transcript
- A minimum of 3.0 GPA, 76% or equivalent
- TOEFL scores (if native language is not English or candidates have not previously studied at an institution of higher education where the language of instruction is English). A minimum of 570 (paper-based test), 230 (computer-based test) or 89 (internet-based test)
- Two letters of recommendation from relevant academic faculty members
- Curriculum Vitae/Résumé
- Copy of a valid passport & six passport-sized photos
- Personal statement (500-750 words)
- Medical forms
Nationality: International (Non-Israeli) citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Application Procedure: The mode of application is online.
Deadline: Application deadlines are
- Early Application Deadline: March 15
- Late Application Deadline: May 31