University of Huddersfield Full-tuition PhD Scholarships, UK is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
University of Huddersfield Full-tuition PhD Scholarships, UK
The Business School at University of Huddersfield is pleased to offer six Ph.D. scholarships in the field of Business and Management. Home/UK, EU and international applicants are eligible to apply for these scholarships. Scholarship comprises of full tuition fee plus a £14,400 bursary per annum (£1,200 per month). The University of Huddersfield is a growing center of research and excellence and they always push the boundaries of knowledge. University’s academic staff is continually rated as providing high-quality teaching in an exciting and stimulating environment. Applicants must have outstanding analytical, academic writing and English Language skills (at least, an overall academic IELTS test score of 7.5 with no score below 7.0 or equivalent for international or non-native users of English Language).
- Scholarships are available for pursuing Ph.D. program.
Study Subject: The six successful applicants will work with excellent teams on the following specific projects:
- Emerging market and wannabe business school logics: Official rhetoric and (social) media ‘realities’
- An international investigation within sports data analytics and technology: theory and practice
- The Audit Report: An Investigation of the Content of the Audit Report of the FTSE100 Companies under ISA 700 Revised
- Leaner Law Professional Service Operations Management
- Leadership and moral reasoning orientation: A comparative case study
- Capturing and integrating end-user insight for innovation success in a business network context: evidence from the UK manufacturing sector.
Scholarship Award: Each scholarship consists of a full tuition at the Home/UK, EU or International student fee rate and a bursary of £14,400 per annum (£1,200 per month) for a maximum of 3 years (36 months), which is subject to satisfactory annual performance and progression review.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility Criteria: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these scholarships:
The scholarships are open to all Home/UK, EU and International Ph.D. students, who intend to begin their Ph.D. studies for the 2016/2017 academic year.
- Academic excellence
- A first class or equivalent Bachelor’s degree in an area closely related to the project proposal
- A Master’s degree with distinction or equivalent in an area closely related to the project proposal
- Outstanding analytical, academic writing and English Language skills (at least, an overall academic IELTS test score of 7.5 with no score below 7.0 or equivalent for international or non-native users of English Language).
- An exceptional knowledge of business and management, especially either in the areas of finance and financial services industry, marketing and tourism, sustainability, logistics and supply chains or entrepreneurship and rural enterprises.
- Outstanding quantitative or qualitative data collection and analysis skills, including first class computer skills, knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Office and/or other qualitative or statistical packages, such as NVivo, SPSS, STATA, and EVIEWS.
- An outstanding research proposal that fits well with the research interests of at least one of these six projects.
- A proven ability to work both in a team and independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability and readiness to provide high-quality teaching of up to 6 hours per week within the Business School.
- Be able to commence their studies latest by January 2017.
Eligible Nationalities: UK, EU and International applicants are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a first class or equivalent Bachelor’s degree in an area closely related to the project proposal and a Master’s degree with distinction or equivalent in an area closely related to the project proposal.
English language Requirements: Applicants must have outstanding analytical, academic writing and English Language skills (at least, an overall academic IELTS test score of 7.5 with no score below 7.0 or equivalent for international or non-native users of English Language)
Application Procedure: Completed applications, including all relevant documents requested above, should be submitted via email to the PGR Administrator, Mrs. Hannah Spencer-Chung. Email address: h.g.spencer-at-hud.ac.uk.
- Complete an exceptional research proposal (maximum of 2,500 words, excluding references and any appendices), covering the following sections: (i) project title; (ii) abstract; (iii) project introduction, motivation and problem statement; (iv) project background or context; (v) project theoretical framework; (vi) project empirical literature review and propositions or hypotheses; (vi) project research design or data and research methodology; (vii) project references; and (vii) a 3-year timetable or plan to completion. The proposal must be in the area of one of these six projects. All applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the appropriate project team leaders for any questions or clarifications that they may have about the projects before submitting their applications.
- Download and complete the Scholarship form
- Two good academic references
- A current detailed CV, identifying any research employment or experience and, where applicable, details of research conference presentations or publications.
- Transcripts and certificates (copies) of all relevant academic and/or any professional qualifications, including English Language qualifications (e.g., IELTS test score for international or non-native users of English Language applicants).
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is 30 September 2016.