University of Gothenburg PhD Studentship in Molecular Biophysics, Sweden 2022-23 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Molecular Biophysics taught at University of Gothenburg . The deadline of the scholarship is expired at 19 Jan 2022.
To be eligible for third-cycle studies, the applicant must meet both the general and specific entry requirements: A person meets the general entry requirements for third-cycle courses and study programs if he or she:
- has been awarded a second-cycle qualification,
- has satisfied the requirements for courses comprising at least 240 credits of which at least 60 credits were awarded in the second-cycle, or
- has acquired substantially equivalent knowledge in some other way in Sweden or abroad.
To meet the specific entry requirements for third-cycle studies, applicants must: (i) have a second-cycle (advanced-level) degree in a relevant* subject area in the natural sciences, or (ii) have completed studies for at least 60 higher education credits at a second-cycle level in relevant subject areas in the natural sciences, or (iii) have completed a corresponding program of relevance to the planned third-cycle program, in Sweden or in another country, or have equivalent qualifications.
*Relevant for the planned third-cycle education
The specific entry requirements also include an acceptable command of spoken and written English. Guidelines for assessing English proficiency may include a minimum score of 550 on the TOEFL test (or 213 on the TOEFL-CBT, or 79 on the TOEFL-iBT).
In selecting between applicants who meet the general and specific entry requirements, their ability to benefit from third-cycle studies shall be taken into account. The assessment shall attach particular importance to documented qualifications for:
- Qualifications from basic education
- Qualifications of the master's program, which rely on special competence
- The relevance of previous studies to the proposed research education
- Assessment of the candidate's ability to absorb postgraduate training
- Where appropriate, assessment of the candidate's ability to work within a research group