All students are encouraged and welcome to apply!
The HFSP Funded Studentship on the Evolution of Insect Sperm Form and Function is open at the University of Lincoln from 2022-2023.
An HFSP Funded Studentship on the Evolution of Insect Sperm Form and Function 2022-23 at the University of Lincoln is now available for students if they are international students.
The University of Lincoln officially announced the upcoming class scholarships. It is considered to be one of the top institutions around the globe. The University of Lincoln was founded in 1996 and currently functions in Lincoln, England, United Kingdom.
The University of Lincoln offers such scholarships yearly to welcome students to the campus. HFSP Funded Studentship on the Evolution of Insect Sperm Form and Function 2022-23 will open the door to new and better opportunities for selected students and expose them to advanced learning in postgraduate programs.
This three-year PhD will investigate the effects of both the environment and soil properties on the yield of Linseed, with a particular focus on the genotype x environment interactions. The proposed study will also identify the genetic variation that currently exist in UK Linseed germplasm in order to improve future varieties that will be resilient to climate change.The research will involve a mixture of field trials and polytunnel pot experiments. Physiological and agronomical traits governing yield will be measured at the canopy and root level with the following objectives:
- To test whether there is genetic variation in existing UK linseed germplasm and scope for improvement
- To investigate the effects of soil properties and its association with roots on yield performance
- Understanding the physiological basis underpinning sowing time and density in the canopy
This project is in partnership with Premium Crops and Chadacre Agricultural Trust. The successful candidate will have opportunities to gain experience and exposure to the industry. Candidates should have a minimum of a 2:1 in Agriculture, Crops Science, or agriculture related areas. The studentship is open to Home students.
Keep reading about the University of Lincoln's acceptance rate, GPA requirements, eligibility and selection criteria, and other helpful information.
You will find the link to apply below.
University of Lincoln England UK PhD Studentship Identifying Physiological and Agronomical Factors Associated with High Yield in Linseed 2023 is available to undertake Research, PhD level programs at University of Lincoln.
Applicants for research degrees (MA/MSc by Research/MPhil/PhD) should usually hold one of the following qualifications:
• A first or second-class honours degree (or an equivalent-level qualification from an overseas university)
• A qualification which the University has deemed equivalent to an honours degree
• A postgraduate or Master’s-level degree from a recognised UK university or the Council for National Academic Awards or equivalent as recognised by the University of Lincoln. Specific entry requirements for courses are detailed on individual course pages on this website.
English Language Requirements for Postgraduate Study
International applicants should have the national equivalent of UK entry requirements and proof of proficiency in English (e.g. IELTS). Find out more about English Language Requirements.