University of Otago, Alexander Leith Bagpipe and Drum Scholarship, New Zealand, 2018 is open for . The scholarship allows Graduate level programm(s) in the field of Music taught at University of Otago . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The University of Otago is offering Alexander Leith Bagpipe and Drum Scholarship. The Scholarship is open to intending students who are planning to enrol for study in the first year of a Bachelor of Music degree at the University of Otago.
The University of Otago is a collegiate university located in Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand. It scores highly for average research quality, and in 2006 was second in New Zealand only to the University of Auckland in the number of A-rated academic researchers it employs.
: Scholarship is available to pursue Graduate degree program.
: Scholarship is awarded to study in Music.
: Up to $3,000 towards the cost of tuition fees for the first year of study at the University of Otago.
Number of Scholarships:
Only one scholarship is available.
: The scholarship is available for New Zealand citizens.
Applicants must be:
- Planning to enrol for study in the first year of a Bachelor of Music degree at the University of Otago in the year following the close date.
- Planning on specializing in a music performance paper in Scottish piping or drumming.
- The first degree from a recognized university and academically talented, disadvantaged based on the criteria of disability, socioeconomic status, and are not engaged at work at all or have been engaged at work but couldn’t able to cover their study expenses will be eligible for the scholarship.
- Have financial difficulty to finance graduate university education and,
- Have leadership/community giveback experience or potential.
Every applicant must:
- Submit an application on the prescribed form to the University of Otago Scholarship Office nos later than 1 December of the year preceding that of intended tenure of the scholarship.
- Arrange for a reference from their music tutor regarding the applicant’s potential (on the prescribed form) to be forwarded to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 December.
- Outline (on the application form) their all-around academic ability, and other interests outside of music, including evidence of community involvement and/or ability to engage in the community.
- Submit with their application form a statement of up to 500 words outlining why they have chosen their program of study at the University of Otago and what they see as the benefits of this university study.
- Submit their NCEA Level 2 Results Notice or equivalent assessment documentation with their application form, or evidence of being 20 years or over.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview either in person or by teleconference, and the University will meet reasonable expenses associated with participation.
: December 1, 2018
University of Otago, Alexander Leith Bagpipe and Drum Scholarship, New Zealand, 2018 is available to undertake Graduate level programs at University of Otago.