University Research Postdoctoral Fellowship in USA, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Fellowship level programm(s) in the field of Engineering, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences taught at University of Kentucky . The deadline of the scholarship is .
The University of Kentucky is offering Postdoctoral Fellowship for the US and international students. Fellowship is open to all qualified individuals with consideration given to women interested in pursuing a program of advanced research training in fields in which they are underrepresented including, but not limited to, engineering, life sciences and physical sciences.
The goal of the Provost’s Office is to be a resource for all of the University of Kentucky, with a primary emphasis on enhancing UK’s academic excellence and its brand as an institution that focuses on the Commonwealth in ways that have a global impact.
Fellowships is open for postdoctoral students.
Fellowship is awarded in pursuing a program of advanced research training in fields in which they are underrepresented including, but not limited to, engineering, life sciences and physical sciences.
The fellowship provides a $47,476 stipend plus benefits. In addition, the fellow receives $2,000 for support of research activities. Fellowships are available for up to two years. The initial appointment is for 12 months, but recipients may apply for the second year.
- Applicants must be eligible to compete for federally-funded postdoctoral grants.
- This includes the eligibility requirement that, by the time of award, the individual must be a citizen or a non-citizen national of the United States or have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence.
- Applicants must have completed the doctoral degree within the past two years or will complete the doctoral degree before the date of appointment.
- Preference will be given to applicants who do not have a prior or present postdoctoral appointment at the UK. Applicants who received their PhD in the UK must be affiliated with a research group other than the one in which they did their prior research.
US and non-US students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Applicants must have completed the doctoral degree within the past two years or will complete the doctoral degree before the date of appointment.
How to Apply:
Application dossier should contain, in this order and as a single PDF document:
- Letter of application that should address how participation in this program would contribute to the compelling interest of diversity at the University of Kentucky and in their profession.
- Curriculum Vitae, including the references providing letters of recommendation.
- An original research proposal was written independently by the applicant in a way that non-experts can evaluate (1,500 words or less; figures, schemas and references are not included in this total).
- Sample publications or dissertation chapters (no more than 2)
In addition, arrange to have the following sent to vprgrant-at-uky.edu with the applicant’s name in the subject line.
- Three letters of recommendation
- A letter from the potential UK mentor
- Mentor’s curriculum vitae, including current and pending funding (5-page limit)
- A letter from the potential UK departmental chair indicating endorsement and appropriate departmental resources such as space and computer support
Completed applications should be emailed to vprgrants-at-uky.edu by November 1, 2017. Indicate program name on the subject line.
Application deadline is November 1, 2017.