University of Sheffield Faculty and Doctoral Academy PhD Scholarships in UK, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Masters level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at University of Sheffield . The deadline of the scholarship is .
For entry in 2017-18, each Faculty is offering a number of Doctoral Academy and/or Faculty Scholarship Awards on a competitive basis. These scholarships are open to UK, EU and international applicants. These scholarships fund up to three years full-time or six years part-time study, subject to satisfactory progress.
The aim of the scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
The University of Sheffield (informally Sheffield University is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It received its royal charter in 1905 as successor to the University College of Sheffield, which was established in 1897 by the merger of Sheffield Medical School (founded in 1828), Firth College (1879) and Sheffield Technical School (1884)
Applicants should have or expect to achieve, a first or upper second class UK honours degree or equivalent.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for masters degree programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
Scholarship Benefits: Each Faculty can offer a range of awards which may include:
- Fees (UK/EU or Overseas) and a full maintenance stipend at the RCUK rate (full-time rate £14,292 in 2016/17)
- Fees (UK/EU or Overseas) and a half maintenance stipend
- Fees only (UK/EU or Overseas)
- a contribution towards fees and/or maintenance
- access to Research Support funds for a conference and other expenses
These scholarships fund up to three years full-time or six years part-time study, subject to satisfactory progress. Part-time studentships are paid at 50% of the full-time rate.
- Applicants should have or expect to achieve, a first or upper second class UK honours degree or equivalent.
- Applicants should be applying to start your first year of study on a full-time or part-time PhD with the University in academic year 2017/18 (after 1st October 2016).
- Awards are open to UK, EU and international applicants.
Nationality: UK, EU and international applicants are eligible to apply.
How to Apply: Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis – applications are assessed on the basis of academic success and qualifications, experience, research background, a clear well-articulated research proposal, the potential impact of the research and a good match with supervisor/ departmental expertise.
Application Deadline: The closing date for Faculty scholarship applications for 2017/18 is February 1, 2017.