University of St Andrews Library Visiting Scholarship Scheme in UK, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
Applications are invited for University of St Andrews Library Visiting Scholarship Scheme for the year 2018. International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
The University of St Andrews is one of the UK’s top universities and is one of Europe’s most research-intensive seats of learning. The University of St Andrews is a British public research university in Scotland. It is the oldest of the four ancient universities of Scotland and the third oldest university in the English-speaking world.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
This is a visiting scholarship programme.
Visiting Scholarships are an opportunity for applicants external to the University of St Andrews to research a topic in the Library’s Special Collections.
Successful candidates will be in receipt of
- Financial support up to a maximum of £1,500 to cover travel and accommodation, but not subsistence, during the Scholarship
- Accommodation in a University hall of residence. The cost of this will be paid directly by the University, which will also make all necessary arrangements for residency.
- A warm welcome to Special Collections and invitations to take part in its activities, e.g. seminars and workshops
- Curatorial support during the Scholarship
- Reading Room provision
- Sponsored email account
- Scholarships can be taken at a mutually agreed time between 1 July and 31 August 2018.
- Scholarships will last for a period of between two and eight weeks.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Visiting Scholarships are an opportunity for applicants external to the University of St Andrews to research a topic in the Library’s Special Collections. The scholarships are open to all interested researchers, whether or not affiliated with a university and at whatever level. This Scholarship gives the applicant the opportunity to visit the University of St Andrews and experience first-hand the Library’s unique collections which offer research potential across an exceptionally broad array of disciplines.
International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
Applications should be e-mailed. The complete application form should include:
- Personal details
- Details of the intended project to include: the title of the project, proposed start and end date, vision, methodology and intended for outputs (no more than 2 pages of A4).
- An outline of the sources to be consulted in line with essential criteria above
- An up to date CV
- An up to date list of relevant publications
- One reference in support of the application
Scholarship application deadline is January 12, 2018.