UQ International Scholarships, Australia 2016 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
UQ International Scholarships, Australia 2016
If you looking for recognized higher education, the prestige of Australia, University of Queensland is offering scholarships to outstanding international students undertaking a research higher degree.The mission of the UQ University is to influence society by engaging in the pursuit of excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge. UQ helps shape the future by bringing together and developing leaders in their fields to inspire the next generation and to advance ideas that benefit the world. UQ strives for the personal and professional success of its students, staff and alumni.The University of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia’s leading research and teaching institutions. We strive for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge.
In order to apply applicants must have a score equivalent to four semesters of Sound Achievement in Queensland Studies Authority English or Australian or international equivalent. Less than four semesters may be considered for some programs and at least 6.5 overall and a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-band of the International English Language Testing.
Degree Level: Scholarship is awarded for undertaking a research higher degree.
Subject Offered: Scholarship is available to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
Participating Institution(s): University of Queensland, Australia.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the UQ International Scholarship (UQI):
- Be an international student studying full-time and onshore in Australia.
- Be nominated by the enrolling school or institute.
- Be assessed by the Graduate School as meeting all conditions for admission to the research higher degree program.
- Not hold a qualification at the same or a higher level than the research higher degree program you are undertaking.
- Not be receiving an award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the UQI rate to undertake the research higher degree program.
- A part-time student, who is resident on a temporary resident visa, with career’s responsibilities, a medical condition or a disability which prevents them from studying full time may be eligible for scholarship consideration, on a case by case basis.
- Students can be considered for scholarship twice. Consideration can be prior to enrolment, or in any scholarship round up to and including the first round after the confirmation milestone is achieved.
- In instances where the candidate is awarded a scholarship after commencement there will be no retrospective payments of this scholarship.
Eligible Nationalities: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The applicant must be an international student studying full-time and onshore in Australia is eligible to apply for this programme.
English Language Requirements: In order to gain entry to an academic program at UQ, you will have to demonstrate you have the appropriate level of English language skills.
- To meet the UQ’s English language proficiency requirements, you must demonstrate one of the following:
- a score equivalent to four semesters of Sound Achievement in Queensland Studies Authority English or Australian or international equivalent. Less than four semesters may be considered for some programs.
- at least 6.5 overall and a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-band of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent test. Some programs have higher English proficiency requirements; see individual program requirements.
- Test Requirement: Applicants have to take equivalent tests such as the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic are also accepted and other qualifications and experience may also be considered.
-Study Abroad and Incoming Exchange students are only required to meet the overall score (eg 6.5 IELTS or 87 TOEFL or 64 PTE).
Supporting Material: To demonstrate your English language proficiency via Queensland Studies Authority English or equivalent Australian or international studies, you must provide certified copies of all relevant academic transcripts and award certificates with your application.
For other students satisfying requirements with IELTS, TOEFL or Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic results, specific arrangements apply. Tests must be taken within two years of commencing study at UQ.
Scholarship Benefit: This scholarship covers tuition fees and $26,288 per annum (2016 rate), indexed annually. The UQI scholarship is a UQ funded scholarship which provides a tuition fee award and a living allowance. Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by this scholarship.
Application Procedure for UQ International Scholarships, Australia 2016
Application Procedure: To apply for admission to the UQ PhD or MPhil program and a scholarship visit the UQ Graduate School website.
- The Postgraduate Administration Officer (PGAO) in your proposed enrolling school or institute will be able to help you through the application process and assist you with any questions you may have.
- Students can apply at any time for admission to research higher degree programs. However, students who wish to be considered for a UQ Graduate School scholarship should note that the RHD Scholarship Selection Committee meets two times a year to select the recipients. In order to have your scholarship application considered for recommendation by the school/institute we advise that you submit your application for admission and scholarship as early as possible.
Application Form Link
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is 5 February 2016.
More about UQ International Scholarships, Australia 2016
The University of Queensland (commonly referred to as UQ) is an Australian public research university primarily located inQueensland's capital city Brisbane. Founded in 1909, UQ is one of Australia's oldest, most selective and comprehensive university.The main campus is located in St Lucia, southwest of the Brisbane City Central Business District, with other major UQ campuses inGatton, Herston and Ochsner Medical Center's clinical school at New Orleans, United States of America. The University of Queensland is a member of the Australia's research-intensive Group of Eight, the global network of research universities Universitas 21 and a founding charter member of EdX, an online higher education consortium led by Harvard and MIT.