Urban Informatics Research Lab PhD Scholarship, Australia is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Urban Informatics Research Lab PhD Scholarship, Australia
The Urban Informatics Research Lab @ QUT Design Lab is calling for expressions of interest from prospective PhD students to apply for candidature and/or scholarship. International and domestic students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Queensland University of Technology campuses offers high-quality learning, teaching and research spaces to better meet the needs of students, academics, and researchers. This is a highly successful Australian university with an applied emphasis in courses and research. While they are based in Brisbane, Queensland, they have a global outlook.
To assess the English language proficiency, university accepts results from the following tests: IELTS (Academic); TOEFL iBT (Internet-based); Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic); Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE); Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE).
- Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Please note that more broadly; the QUT Design Lab has five priority research areas:
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Design, Health, and Wellbeing
- Design & Community
- Design and Sustainability
- Design, Culture, and Environment
Scholarship Award: QUT research scholarships provide funding to assist with general living costs. We also have top-up scholarships to supplement living costs and sponsorships to cover tuition fees. Some scholarships also have associated allowances for relocation and thesis expenses.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility Criteria: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
QUT offers a limited number of scholarships to research students of exceptional research potential. To be eligible, you need to have a minimum first-class honours (H1) or equivalent and be undertaking a PhD, masters by research, or professional doctorate project that is closely aligned with our current key research areas.
Eligibility Nationalities: International and domestic students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have achieved a specific minimum level of academic excellence to be eligible to apply for each scholarship. Some scholarships also have other eligibility criteria that you must meet to be able to apply.
English language Requirements: QUT policy (MOPP E/4.1.2) requires all students (international and domestic) to meet specific English proficiency level requirements prior to enrolment into their approved course. English proficiency can be demonstrated by an applicant for admission to QUT by one or more of the following:
- satisfactory completion of secondary schooling in Australia
- one year of full-time (or equivalent) accredited diploma level studies or higher in Australia
- successful completion of a recognised English Bridging program
- successful completion of studies equivalent to secondary school or higher outside Australia where the medium of instruction is English and recognised by QUT
- a recent (within 2 years of the commencement date of the course) IELTS academic test overall band score of 6.5, with no sub-score less than 6.0 (Note: University Academic Board may approve variations to this required English test score for courses or student cohorts. QUT determines equivalent scores on other approved English tests).
Application Procedure: The mode of application is online.
Deadline: QUT’s annual scholarship round closes on 30 September 2016, for entry at the start of 2017.