Urban Studies Foundation (USF) International Fellowships in UK, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Post Doctorate level programm(s) in the field of taught at Urban Studies Foundation . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
Applications are invited for Urban Studies Foundation (USF) Postdoctoral Research Fellowships to undertake up to 3 years dedicated Urban Studies research, following a program of research designed and executed by the Fellow at any eligible institution of higher education across the globe. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The main objective of the USF is to provide significant grant funding and support to individuals and institutions engaged in the advancement of groundbreaking postgraduate urban academic research and education. We achieve these aims primarily through our core grant-funding streams.
Fellowships are available to the postdoctoral research program.
Fellowships are awarded to undertake up to 3 years dedicated Urban Studies research, following a program of research designed and executed by the Fellow at any eligible institution of higher education across the globe.
The Urban Studies Foundation will undertake to pay an annual award to the host institution of successful applicants, which should meet both the salary agreed between the applicant and the host institution and additional research expenses.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Applicants must have obtained a PhD within the preceding 5 years; they must normally be prepared to move
from their present place of academic employment/activity to another one elsewhere1
; and they must be demonstrably involved in Urban Studies research, with a credible program of future Urban Studies research and scholarship.
Applicants must have developed their application in close association with a mentor from the potential ‘host’ institution, and the application form requires input from the applicant, the mentor, and the host institution.
International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Completed applications must be submitted electronically to Ruth Harkin at Ruth.Harkin-at-Glasgow.ac.uk, cc’d to Donald McNeill (d.mcneill-at-westernsydney.edu.au) no later than 8 October 2017.
The application must include:
- Completed application form: a WORD version of this application form will be available on the USF website, containing a number of fields to be completed by the applicant, by the mentor, and by the proposed host institution.
- Outline of proposed program of Urban Studies research to be undertaken by the Fellow: the last part of the application form is given over to up to 5 pages for the applicant to elaborate on their contribution/commitment to Urban Studies, and to provide details of their proposed research program
- 3-page CV listing academic achievements and publications
- Copy of PhD award letter or some equivalent document that can confirm the veracity and date of the applicant’s PhD award
- Two academic references: it will be the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that their two referees (at least one of whom should have acted as their PhD supervisor) send their references directly to the above e-mail addresses by the specified deadline of 8 October 2017.
Scholarship application deadline is October 8, 2017.