Grant is awarded to study any courses offered by the U.S. or Canadian educational institution.
Grant is available towards the completion of the degree program in Canada and USA.
Eligible applicants are women from developing countries currently enrolled at accredited universities in the US or Canada. A candidate applying for the MMMF grant from US/Canadian universities must meet all of the following criteria:
- Has a record of service (paid and/or volunteer) to women and children in the developing world.
- Demonstrate a commitment to improve the lives of women and children in the developing world through field of study and/or topic of research.
- Plan to return to her country (or other developing country) within two years of completing her degree and intends to work to improve the lives of women and/or children.
- Demonstrates financial need by providing relevant financial information.
- Be enrolled in an accredited educational institution in the US or Canada for the full academic year in which the application is submitted and intend to be enrolled for the subsequent year covered by the grant.
- Be a national of an eligible developing or middle-income country and residing in the United States or Canada. United States citizens or permanent residents (green card holders, Canadian citizens or Canadian landed immigrants are not eligible.
- Demonstrate good academic performance at the university where she is registered.
- Be at least 25 years of age by the relevant application deadline.
- Not be an immediate or extended family member of any World Bank Group, IMF or Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) staff member or their spouse.
- Not received a MMMF grant in any prior year.
An MMMF grant covers only a portion of the total costs for an academic year.
An MMMF grant is awarded for an academic year.
Application Deadline: 15 Jan 2015
Share this Scholarship for Others