USA Danish Diabetes Academy Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Students 2018 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
The Danish Diabetes Academy (DDA) is calling applications for DDA Postdoctoral Fellowships available in 2018. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Danish Diabetes Academy (DDA) constitutes an original networking platform for a national diabetes research strategy that is rational and science-based, and which will strengthen both basic and clinical research in diabetes. DDA is expected to foster enhanced collaboration between Danish diabetes research environments and ensure rapid distribution and shared access to novel research results, ideas and technologies, thus benefiting other research groups within the organisation.
Applicants are required to have High-level English language skills are required (oral as well as written).
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral degree programme.
Study Subject: The postdoctoral fellowships should be within diabetes and metabolism. Applications supporting the three major strategic areas of the DDA (internationalization, interdisciplinarity and collaboration across sectors) will be prioritized.
Scholarship Award: The Danish Diabetes Academy (DDA) has four two-year and six three-year postdoctoral fellowships available in 2018. The postdoctoral grant is of 600,000 DKK per year for two/three years, i.e. 2019, 2020 and 2021.
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Eligiility Criteria: In order to apply for a postdoctoral fellowship, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- You must have a PhD degree or your PhD thesis must be accepted for defence at the time of receiving the grant notification letter.
- You can apply for a first postdoctoral period or a second postdoctoral period. The first postdoctoral period must NOT have exceeded 3 years, but in specific cases this can be negotiated (i.e. in connection with pregnancy or illness). Please notice the new law and regulations by the Ministry of Science, Innovation and Higher Education regarding job structure for academic staff at the universities for candidates who apply for a second postdoctoral period at the same university.
- The principal investigator has to be associated with a Danish research institution **(for foreign candidates, the DDA will be helpful with recommending a potential principal investigator associated with a Danish university).
- A change of research/work environment (i.e. study abroad or working in another sector, i.e. general practice, industry, university hospital) will be prioritized.
- High-level English language skills are required (oral as well as written).
Language Requirements: Applicants are required to have High-level English language skills are required (oral as well as written).
Test Requirements: Approved tests are:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language):
English B – Test result of at least 560 (paper-based) or 83 (internet-based). We do not accept the TOEFL ITP test. When you sign up for a TOEFL test, you must request the test centre to add the Danish university you wish to be employed at (the home institution of your main supervisor) as a recipient of your test results in order for them to verify your test result.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System). English B – IELTS Academic test result of at least 6.5 points
- Cambridge ESOL examinations. English B – Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) (from 2017 only grades A, B or C are accepted) or First Certificate with grade A as a minimum. Applicants must upload their Confirmation of Entry stating candidate ID number and candidate secret number (which are not stated on the test result itself).
Application Procedure: Applications must be written in English and submitted via our online application form which is situated on this page.
Please note that you must have a user login to the DDA’s website before you are able to submit an application. Applicants can edit and review their data before the final submission.
Use the numbered order specified below for your submission. You may choose to upload in one single file or as separate files. The application should include the following (required format: PDF):
- Research plan including:
- Specific Aims
- Background and significance of the project to the research area
- Preliminary studies (if applicable)
- Research design and methods
- Literature cited
The page limit for the research plan is 5 pages (font size 12, single spacing), including figures and tables, but excluding references – applications with research plans exceeding the page limit will not be considered.
- Motivation letter (max 1 page) including:
- An explanation of why you are the right candidate to complete the project
- Description of how the project and you support the three major strategic areas of DDA****
- Future career plans
- Information about the current position, place of work and name of the principal investigator
- Your Curriculum Vitae (including teaching experience, oral and poster presentations at important relevant conferences, assessment and review activities, received grants and/or awards, mobility and international experience) (max 2 pages)
- Publication list with impact factor and number of first author publications
- Copy of your Master’s degree certificate (including grades)
- Copy of your PhD diploma or statement from your principal supervisor*
- Recommendation letter and acceptance from the principal investigator and head of the department:
- Description of the scientific environment where the postdoctoral project will be carried out, including signed confirmation from principal supervisor and head of the department that the project can be carried out at the institution where the principal investigator is employed
- Curriculum Vitae of the principal investigator (max 2 pages)
- Collaboration agreement with other research groups nationally or internationally
- If applying for a part-time postdoctoral position, documentation of clinical employment from the head of the department must be attached
- Other relevant documentation (e.g. recommendations, IELTS certificate (international standardized certificate of English proficiency))
After submitting your application you will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of your application. If you do not receive this email, please contact the DDA Executive Management Team to make sure that your application has been successfully submitted.
Deadline: August 9, 2018