This programme is designed to offer guest scholars from developing countries the opportunity to pursue their own independent research on global education issues with a specific focus on girls’ education.
Course Level: Research Programme
- Applicants should have a background in education, development, economics, or a related area, with at least 15 years of professional experience in either research/academia; non-government and civil society; government; or business. Master’s degree required; Ph.D. or research background strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical and writing skills required.
- Successful applicants will have an intimate understanding of education development issues and/or issues related to development and gender.
- Applicants who have not worked explicitly on girls’ education previously are welcome but should include an explanation of how this focus on girls’ education can be integrated successfully into their current and future work.
- Echidna scholars will be expected to work on extensive, cutting-edge research, as well as a project proposal with the intent to implement their research in their home country upon completion of the program.