USA Spar Nord Foundation FinTech Scholarship at University of California, Berkeley 2019 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholarship Description: The Spar Nord Foundation is offering FinTech Scholarship for 6 months to study Financial Technology and Entrepreneurship at the University of California, Berkeley.
Spar Nord Fund’s donations must benefit a wide range of people. For almost two decades, the Spar Nord Foundation has donated more than 20 million kroner annually to thousands of small and large initiatives around Denmark. Spar Nord Fund’s vision is “to raise awareness and sympathy for Spar Nord Bank by promoting the development of social, cultural and creative communities between people.”
In order to be eligible applicants must have excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English.
Course Level: This is a 6-month fellowship to study Financial Technology and Entrepreneurship at the University of California, Berkeley.
Study Subject: The program offers comprehensive courses in Economics, Statistics, Engineering and Innovation with internationally recognized professors.
Scholarship Award: The program includes
- A rigorous academic agenda
- Practical experience with FinTech and entrepreneurial thinking
- Full financial support and housing
- Access to an international and interdisciplinary environment in one of the most stimulating and fixed paced business ecosystems worldwide.
Eligible Nationalities: Students from Denmark are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A desire to move FinTech and entrepreneurial thinking forward and bring expertise back home to Denmark
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English
Program requirements are:
- Current enrollment at the Masters Level in Software Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science, Finance, Economics or a related field in Denmark
- Interest in financial technology
Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English.
Application Procedure: Submit your application two mortal-at-um.dk by September 10, 2018.
An application must include:
- A personal statement explaining motivation and interest (1 page)
- An entrepreneurial FinTech idea. For example, this may be in the areas of artificial intelligence or blockchain.
- A 2-minute video pitch, presenting the proposed project
- A complete academic transcript
It is possible, but not necessary, to write the application with the support and involvement of a tenured professor or lecturer at your university. The successful candidates will take a whole semester of courses that earn credit for their education program in Denmark.
Deadline: September 10, 2018