USA Tennessee Graduate Excellence Fellowship 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of taught at University of Tennessee . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholarship Description: The new Tennessee Fellowship for Graduate Excellence (TFGE) is now available for all new domestic and international students to study at the University of Tennessee in the USA. The TFGE is the signature graduate fellowship program at UT. This prestigious fellowship is offered to top incoming students.
About University: Founded in 1794, UT is big on tradition, and they are proud of their humble beginnings as the first public university chartered west of the Appalachian Divide. The university serves the state by educating its citizens, enhancing its culture, and making a difference in people’s lives through research and service. The primary mission of UT is to move forward the frontiers of human knowledge and enrich and elevate the citizens of the state of Tennessee, the nation, and the world.
Degree Level: Fellowships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Available Subject: Fellowships are awarded in any of the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship benefits: These fellowships awarded by the Graduate School ($10,000 per year for 4 years) provide funds that are coupled with a graduate stipend and fee waiver to create a competitive financial package for exceptional doctoral students. Departments or colleges will supply the graduate stipend.
Eligible Nationalities: Domestic and International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must have met the following requirements:
- Nominees must be prospective PhD students who have been approved for admission through the ADMIT system.
- Nominees must have an identified faculty member who will assist the student with beginning a research agenda.
- Departments (colleges) must provide a GRA stipend.
- Faculty mentors and Tennessee Fellows agree to work with ORE staff in pursuit of external funding support as appropriate (Fulbright applications, research grants, external fellowships, etc.).
Language Requirements: All non-native speakers of English are required to take either the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Find out how to register for the TOEFL or the IELTS.
To be fully admitted, applicants must submit a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based TOEFL; 80 on the TOEFL iBT or 6.5 on the IELTS. Applicants may be eligible for English Proficiency Conditional Admission.
After taking your exam, have your scores sent to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. If you have taken the TOEFL, please use the institution code of 1843. For the IELTS, you will need to provide the mailing address for the Office of Graduate Admissions (see right column).
Application Procedure: Applications will be made through the ADMIT system. Specific details will follow. The number of nominations allowed is determined by department PhD enrollments in fall 2017. Departments with 1-49 PhD students may submit 1 nominee; departments with 50-99 PhD students may submit 2 nominees, and departments with 100+ PhD students may submit up to 3 nominees.
Nominations must include:
- A letter of support from the faculty mentor to include the qualifications of the nominee, a brief description of the research area the student will explore upon arrival at UT, and a preliminary mentoring plan for the student
- An endorsement letter from the department head, including the level of stipend support committed to the student and any other resources available to the student (health insurance, travel support, etc.)
- A resume/CV of the student
Deadline: January 17, 2018