UTP Graduate Assistantship Scheme, Malaysia 2016 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
UTP Graduate Assistantship Scheme, Malaysia 2016
Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP) is now accepting applications for Graduate Assistantship Scheme (GA). The scheme is available to international candidates for three semesters, starting from May 2016 or as soon as the candidate begins his/her research. The Department of Computer and Information Sciences at Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP), Malaysia, seeks an enthusiastic and highly motivated students for masters positions in the field of Information Systems (IS) under the supervision of Dr Amin Saedi. Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP) is one of the most prominent private universities in Malaysia. UTP offers a wide range of industry-relevant engineering, science and technology programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate levels and aims to produce well-rounded graduates with excellent leadership qualities and communication abilities.
All applicants must fulfil the English Language requirements in order to be admitted to the approved programme.
Degree Level: Positions are available for pursuing masters programme.
Study Subject: Positions are awarded in the field of Information Systems (IS) at the Department of Computer and Information Sciences.
List of Subjects: The main research areas include: Innovation and IS, Methodological and Philosophical Foundations of IS, IS Governance and Control, IT Implementation, Adoption and Use, e-Business and e-Government.
Scholarship can be taken at: Malaysia
Eligibility: In order to apply for scholarship, applicant must follow the given criteria:
- Applicant should hold a bachelor degree in a relevant discipline such as business information systems, information technology or computer science. Applicants with expertise with qualitative and/or quantitative analysis, are especially encouraged to apply.
- Applicant must be highly motivated to work in an interdisciplinary, international research network within the IS field.
- Applicant must be willing to engage in disseminating their research to collaborators, other researchers, stakeholders and the international research community through conferences and journal publications. Applicants with a prior publication record will be especially favoured.
- Good writing and oral skills in English are essential.
Eligible Nationalities: International candidates can apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicant must hold a Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline such as business information systems, information technology or computer science
Test Requirement: The GRE test score is not compulsory; it can be a supporting document to application.
English Language Requirement: All applicants must fulfil the English Language requirement in order to be admitted to the approved programme. Candidates are required to show proficiency in written and spoken English in one of the following forms:
-A minimum TOEFL score of 550 OR
-A minimum IELTS score of 6.0 OR
-A minimum ELTS score of Band-6 OR
-A minimum MUET score of Band-4 OR
-A minimum Cambridge English : First (FCE) score of 67
-A minimum Cambridge English : Advanced (CAE) score of 52
Scholarship Benefit: Scholarship covers tuition fees, including semester fee and research methodology. Registration, accommodation and transportation costs are not covered and is to be borne by.
Supporting Material: The required components for complete application packet are as follows:-
- Cover letter
- CV/Resume (check the attached file and follow the template format)
A proposal, maximum 10 pages including references ( check the attached file and follow the template format)
- Two reference letters (check the attached file and follow the template format)
- International students will be required to obtain a student visa. For further information please contact Malaysian Embassy at applicant’s country of residence.
Application Procedure for UTP Graduate Assistantship Scheme, Malaysia 2016
Application Procedure: Applicants should be sent to Dr Amin Saedi, Department of Computer and Information Sciences at Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, by mail or preferably as a single PDF document by email to amin.saedi-at-petronas.com.my
Deadline: The application deadline is 17th April 2016.
More about UTP Graduate Assistantship Scheme, Malaysia 2016
The Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP) is a Malaysian private university. It was established on 10 January 1997. The campus is built on a 400 hectare (1,000 acre) at Seri Iskandar, Perak, Malaysia. The university is a wholly owned subsidiary of PETRONAS, the national oil company of Malaysia.