Vocational Education-PhD Scholarship in Australia, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Post Doctorate level programm(s) in the field of Education taught at University of Melbourne . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The University of Melbourne is inviting applications from applicants who are planning to undertake their doctoral studies (PhD) as part of a program of research investigating institutions in a high quality adaptive vocational education sector at the Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE).
The University of Melbourne aims to assist international students who require financial assistance with scholarships.
Established in 1853, the University of Melbourne is a public-spirited institution that makes distinctive contributions to society in research, learning, and teaching and engagement. It is consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, with international rankings of world universities placing it as number 1 in Australia and number 33 in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015-2016).
Applicants must have completed tertiary studies that are at least equivalent to a 4-year honors degree at an Australian university with a minimum result of first class honors. The University of Melbourne TOEFL Institution Code is 0974. Please use this code so that your results can be reported to us. Some faculties may accept graduate students with a slightly lower IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson Test of English or CAE score.
Scholarship is available to pursue doctoral programme.
Expressions of interest (EOI) are invited from suitable domestic and international candidates planning to undertake their doctoral studies (PhD) as part of a program of research investigating institutions in a high quality adaptive vocational education sector at the Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE).
The successful applicant will receive a PhD scholarship (valued at $26,682 p.a. in 2017) as a fortnightly living allowance for the duration of three years, a relocation grant of $2,000 for students moving from outside Victoria, extensive mentoring support, and will be part of an active research community working on a growing and stimulating program of research.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- All applicants need to satisfy the PhD – Education entry requirements.
- Applicants must have completed tertiary studies that are at least equivalent to a 4-year honours degree at an Australian university with a minimum result of first class Honours.
- Relevant professional and research experience (including publications) will be regarded positively.
- All scholarship offers will be made under the condition that applicants commit to full-time study and commence their PhD studies at the University of Melbourne in semester one, 2018 (between January – June 2018).
Domestic and International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
Applicants can apply via email.
- In the first instance, interested applicants should check they meet the PhD – Education entry requirements.
- Please email to at mgse-research-at-unimelb.edu.au by 22 September 2017.
- a cover letter
- completed EOI form
- Curriculum Vitae (2 A4 pages maximum)
- A brief research proposal (1-2 pages long). Please outline preliminary ideas for your research project, eg key research questions, methodologies, and relevant conceptual and theoretical approaches. Please also address how you envisage your project fitting into the specific research program e.g., key research questions, methodologies/approaches.
- copy of academic transcripts
- copy of Masters or honors thesis examiners’ reports (if applicable)
Scholarship application deadline is September 22, 2017.