Walter and Eliza Hall Institute International Scholarships in Australia, 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Medical Biology taught at Walter and Eliza Hall Institute . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute offers a number of scholarships to support International PhD Scholars. Scholarships are for open to outstanding international students to join Medical Biology PhD Program.
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, more commonly known as the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute, abbreviated as WEHI, is Australia’s oldest medical research institute. The Institute is the Department of Medical Biology of the University of Melbourne.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD Programme.
Scholarships are awarded in the field of Medical Biology.
The Institute’s International PhD Scholarships provide a living allowance equivalent to the current Melbourne Research Scholarship rate. In addition, all PhD students receive the Institute’s $2000 per annum scholarship top-up plus a relocation allowance, health insurance coverage, and tuition fee offset.
International students are eligible to apply.
Number of Scholarships:
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute offers a number of dedicated scholarships to support International PhD Scholars.
In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- A four-year bachelor degree in a relevant discipline which includes a substantial research component equivalent to at least 25% of one year of full-time study and have achieved a minimum weighted average of 80% or (University of Melbourne) equivalent; or
- A masters degree in a relevant discipline which includes a substantial research component equivalent to at least 25% of one year of full-time study and achieved a minimum weighted average of 80% or (University of Melbourne) equivalent; or
- A qualification and professional experience considered to be equivalent; and
- A research proposal; and
- Referee reports (except for applicants who have graduated from the University of Melbourne within the last 5 years); and
- The endorsement of a prospective supervisor.
To apply for the International PhD Scholar Initiative:
- Check that you meet the academic entry requirements for PhD study at the University of Melbourne. Please note you do not need to apply to the University of Melbourne at the time of application for the International PhD Scholar Initiative.
- Investigate the current student project opportunities to identify your preferred research areas
- Submit an online application form
You will be asked to indicate up to five titles of research projects or Institute supervisors who are in your field of interest
December 1, 2017