Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance Early Career Fellowships in India, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Research level programm(s) in the field of Biomedical Sciences taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Scholarship Description:
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance is now accepting applications for Early Career Fellowships in Biomedical Research to study in the India. There are no restrictions based on age or nationality. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance is a £160 million initiative funded equally by the Wellcome Trust, UK, and Department of Biotechnology, India. The broad aim of the India Alliance is to build excellence in the Indian biomedical scientific community by supporting future leaders in the field.
Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral Research programme.
Fellowships are awarded in the field of Biomedical Research.
The upper limit for an award is INR 1.7 Crores. The 5-year Fellowship typically provides:
- Competitive personal support
- Generous research funds
- Funding to work overseas for up to 2 years and develop international collaborations
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicant must be in the final year of PhD or have no more than four years of post-PhD research experience from the date of PhD viva to the invited full application submission deadline (October 2017 for the current round of competition); due consideration will be given to justified career breaks
- Applicant may have/be pursuing PhD in any discipline of science
- There are no restrictions based on age or nationality
- Applicant need not be resident in India while applying but should be aspiring to launch an independent research career in India
- Applicant must choose a not-for-profit host institution in India that will administer the Fellowship for the full duration (5 years) of the award in line with India Alliance conditions and policies
- Applicant may or may not have a faculty position
There are no restrictions based on age or nationality. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
Essentials on the application:
- Outline (750 words) of a research proposal that seeks to answer an original biomedical research question
- A Fellowship Supervisor who would guide the applicant in the proposed research and a letter of support to this end; the proposed research is expected to complement and benefit from the Fellowship Supervisor’s research interests and expertise
- An additional letter of recommendation
Fellowship application deadline is August 10, 2017.