William J. Clinton Fellowships for Service in India is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
William J. Clinton Fellowships for Service in India
Administered by the American India Foundation (AIF), the William J. Clinton Fellowships for Service in India pairs a select number of highly skilled young professionals with leading NGOs and social enterprises in India in order to accelerate impact and create effective projects that are replicable, scalable, and sustainable.
Through 10 months of service and fieldwork, Fellows gain knowledge of development on the ground in the fields of education, livelihoods, public health, and social enterprise, honing and harnessing their growing skills as change agents capable of effecting lasting change.
For American Fellows, AIF provides a round trip ticket from the USA to India, along with insurance coverage and a monthly stipend. For Indian Fellows, AIF provides domestic travel from their hometowns in India, insurance coverage, and a monthly stipend. The monthly stipends are intended to provide rent, utilities, transportation to and from work, language classes, personal expenses, and food.
The selection criteria for a successful Fellow include the following attributes:
- Be a citizen / permanent resident of the United States or citizen of India
- Be between the ages of 21 and 34 on September 1st
- Complete an undergraduate degree prior to September 1st
Application Deadline: February 1, 2014
- General knowledge of the development field and development issues in India
- Ability to demonstrate a humble appreciation of other cultures and circumstances, and a willingness to acclimate to these differences
- Thoughtful consideration for the role the Fellowships experience will play in their life
- Ability and willingness to independently and creatively find ways to be helpful at their host organization
- Flexibility and adaptability to challenging living and working conditions
- Local language skills are not required, but considered a highly valuable asset
Please see official website for application details.
Official Website and Application