Professorial Research Fellowship at University of Birmingham in UK, 2016 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Professorial Research Fellowship at University of Birmingham in UK, 2016
University of Birmingham is now accepting applications for Professorial Research Fellowship. Highly successful candidates from UK and abroad can apply for this fellowship. University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the fellowship is to attract the best and most motivated people to UK. The main objective of the university is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students. In order to undertake a programme of study here at the University, applicants will need to demonstrate that they have a suitable level of English proficiency. They can demonstrate their level of English with IELTS/TOEFL/PTE or alternative qualifications.
- Fellowship is available for pursuing a research programme.
- Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
- List of Subjects: Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences
- Competitive package for an outstanding candidate
Eligibility Criteria: Candidates will be highly successful and established mid-career academics with an international research reputation and who are on a clear rising trajectory towards leadership in their chosen academic area. Skills and Experience:
- A good first degree together with a higher degree and a PhD, or equivalent.
- Extensive and high-level research and teaching experience in a relevant area.
- Membership of a professional body where appropriate
- A sustained record of invited talks at international conferences/ events and UK Higher Education Institutions.
- Membership of editorial boards.
- Reviewer for national and international research bodies.
- Evidence of effective links with research partners.
Eligible Nationalities: Applications are welcome from the UK and abroad.
- Applicant must have a good first degree together with a higher degree and a PhD, or equivalent.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement:
- If the first language is not English applicants must provide an English language qualification. Recognised qualifications include IELTS: 7.0 with no less than 6.5 in any band. If applicants need to improve their level of English in order to meet the minimum entry-level requirement applicants may be able to attend one of the full-time courses run by English for International Students Unit.
Documents Required: Candidates must demonstrate they meet the key requirements and person specification for the post (as detailed in the role profile) through full completion of the structured application / CV that can be found at Jobs-at-bham.ac.uk. This will require
- Completion of basic application details including, personal information, full educational record and the names, institutions, and contact information for three references
- A covering statement detailing interest and suitability for the specific Fellowship of interest, referring to and providing evidence of suitability against both the research discipline and the wider requirements of the role as detailed in the role profile and person specification. (500 words research Discipline) (1000 words evidence against person specification and role)
- A summary of relevant and key research achievements to date (500 Words)
- Summary discussing applicant’s top 5 publications in the last 5 years (100 words per publication)
- A proposal for research during the 3 year period of the Fellowship and an indication of longer term research goals (500 Words)
- Identification of faculty members at the University of Birmingham with whom they propose to collaborate and why, and/or other collaborations outside the University (500 words)
- Include additional attachment covering full publication record (being careful to distinguish between talks/presentations and actual publications (peer-reviewed journal articles, book chapters, books edited, books edited, and so forth), teaching experience, research experience, presentations at conferences/meetings, etc.
Application Procedure: Applications should be sent via email.
- The deadline for application is 13th May 2016.