Embark on your academic journey in the United States with the exciting news of the Seattle University Merit Scholarships now open for applications. This article provides a comprehensive overview of this scholarship opportunity, its advantages, and a step-by-step guide for the application process.
The Seattle University Scholarships for the academic year 2024-2025 are fully funded awards tailored for international students seeking undergraduate education. This scholarship extends a generous amount of up to $48,000 spread over four academic years.
Founded in 1891, Seattle University is a distinguished Jesuit Catholic university and law school, situated on a sprawling 50-acre campus in Seattle's vibrant Capitol Hill neighborhood. The university hosts a diverse student body of over 7,200 individuals engaged in undergraduate and graduate programs across eight schools and colleges.
Seattle University takes pride in its diverse and inclusive environment, boasting more than 850 international students hailing from over 60 different countries. The institution's global reach extends even further, with alumni residing in nearly 100 countries, reflecting the university's commitment to academic excellence on a worldwide scale.
For international students, Seattle University offers a unique opportunity to study in one of the most dynamic cities in the United States. You can anticipate receiving personalized attention and a rigorous education, all within a supportive community of dedicated students and faculty.
Merit Awards for First-Year International Students
- New full-time Seattle University freshmen who are international students will be considered for a merit scholarship award at the time of their admission.
- Scholarship recipients must meet all university requirements for regular admission to the fall, winter, or spring quarter.
- International students are those students who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents and typically require a visa to study in the United States.
Merit Scholarships for Transfer Students
Transfer students who complete an admissions application to Seattle University are automatically considered for merit-based scholarships, which typically start at $8,000. These scholarships are renewable for up to four years and are based on the information in the admissions application, not family finances. And we guarantee that any amount you receive as an institutional gift will remain constant for the duration of your degree.
To apply for the Seattle University Scholarships, follow these application steps:
- Create a new account on Common App by clicking here.
- Complete your application, providing information in various sections including General, Academic, Contacts, Family, and Activities.
- After all required components are filled out, you will find the option to review and submit your application.
- Following your application submission, the university will evaluate your application, and you will receive an email indicating whether you have been accepted or not.
Check the deadlines here.