20 College of Social Sciences Scholarships at University of Glasgow in UK, 2017-2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Education, Economics, Finance, Law, Accounting, Sociology, Management, Political Science taught at University of Glasgow . The deadline of the scholarship is .
The University of Glasgow is inviting applications for up to 20 scholarships being offered by the College of Social Sciences to study for a PhD in an area of research. UK/EU and International students are eligible to apply.
The aim of the scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
The University of Glasgow is the fourth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s four ancient universities. It was founded in 1451
If English is not first language, students will be required to provide a language test before they can start their studies.
Scholarships are available for PhD degree programme at the University of Glasgow.
Scholarships being offered by the College of Social Sciences to study for a PhD in an area of research linked to the college’s school/subject areas:
- Adam Smith Business School
- Accounting & Finance
- School of Education
- School of Interdisciplinary Studies
- School of Law
- School of Social & Political Sciences
- Central & East European Studies
- Economic & Social History
- Urban Studies
20 scholarships are available. The scholarship will run for a maximum of 3 years full-time or 5 years part-time commencing between October 2017 and January 2018 and will provide:
- an annual maintenance grant (stipend) equivalent to the RCUK stipend rates (Full time and Part time rates for 2017-18 to be confirmed)
- fees at the standard Home/EU or International rate
- a research support grant of £750 (£450 part-time) per annum
Stipends are paid August-July, in line with the University of Glasgow financial year.
Successful applicants will be funded up until the end of their 3rd year of full-time PhD studies or their 5th
year of part-time PhD studies.
- Prospective Home/EU and International PhD students (start date between October 2017 and January 2018) are eligible to apply. Students already in the first year of a University of Glasgow PhD (start date between 1st September 2016 and 1st September 2017) are also eligible to apply.
- Both full-time and part-time students are eligible. Only students based at a University of Glasgow campus are eligible for the scholarship. Distance learning students are not eligible.
- Students are not permitted to hold a College of Social Sciences Scholarship simultaneously with any other scholarship.
UK/EU and International students are eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
Applicants not currently studying for a PhD in the College of Social Sciences must identify a potential supervisor prior to submitting an application, in order to secure a reference and develop a research proposal. Please contact the relevant School PGR Director or Subject PGR Convenor listed above, in order to identify potential supervisors based on your proposed area of research. All applicants should attach the following documentation to a single email and send to William.Shirriffs-at-glasgow.ac.uk.
The application deadline is February 3, 2017.