Aston University PhD Studentship, UK 2016 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Aston University PhD Studentship, UK 2016
Applications are invited for a three-year postgraduate studentship, supported by the School of Engineering and Applied Science, to be undertaken within the non-linearity and Complexity Research Group at Aston University. The successful applicant will join an established theoretical group working on complex systems. The overall aim of the research is to accelerate the adoption and ultimate impact, of advanced services among high technology firms and manufacturers through the exploitation of the Internet of Things (IoT). Aston University is a long established research-led University known for its world-class teaching quality and strong links to industry, government and commerce. For applicants from non-English speaking countries, it is necessary to have taken either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL score of 101) or the British Council IELTS test- score of 6.5.
- Studentship is available for pursuing Ph.D. programme.
- Studentship is awarded within the School of Engineering and Applied Science, to be undertaken within the Non-linearity and Complexity Research Group.
- This studentship includes a fee bursary to cover the home/EU fees rate plus a maintenance allowance of £14,057 in 2015/16.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility Criteria: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this studentship
The successful applicant should have a first class or upper second class honours degree or equivalent qualification in Mathematics, Physics, or Electrical Engineering. Preferable skill requirements include knowledge/experience of analytical and numerical modelling of nonlinear processes. Experience in spatiotemporal dynamics, control methods and modelling of electronic systems is desirable.
Eligible Nationalities: UK/EU and Overseas applicants are eligible to apply for this studentship programme.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants should have been awarded, or expect to achieve, a first or upper second class Honours degree or a Master’s degree in a relevant subject (or an equivalent qualification from an overseas institution). Please provide transcripts of the marks they have already achieved with their application. If their qualification is suitable and their grades are good, the university would normally accept this as providing evidence of their research potential. University also considers applicants who have substantial and significant work experience in a relevant field.
English language Requirements: Non-native speakers of English are normally required to satisfy the following minimum English language requirements:
- TOEFL IBT: 93 (23 in Writing, 19 in Speaking, 18 in Reading and 19 in Listening)
- IELTS: 6.5 (6.0 in Writing Speaking, Reading and Listening).
- Pearsons English language test: 63 with no less than 57 in each band
- Applicants test must have been taken no more than two years before the start date of their course.
- For applicants from non-English speaking countries, it is necessary to have taken either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the British Council IELTS test. However, if the Candidate holds a Bachelor or Master’s degree from a U.K. University, this requirement may be waived. Please contact the school for further information.
Application Procedure: The mode of application is online. In addition to applicants project proposal, please include the following supporting documents with their application form
- A copy of their current CV
- Transcripts of degrees and copies of certificates
- Two academic references from your most recent academic institution, or details of two referees that they are happy for us to contact. If arranging their own references, please provide their referees with the Reference Form
- If English is not their first language, their IELTS or TOEFL score (or test date if they have yet to sit the examinations).
Application Form Link
Deadline: Studentship application deadline is 30 June 2016.