Australia RMIT University PhD Scholarships 2015 is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .Australia RMIT University PhD Scholarships 2015
, RMIT University is inviting applications for PhD international scholarship. The value of these PhD international scholarships increase annually in accordance with indexation. The standard duration of a research doctorate scholarship is three years full-time. Candidates may apply for an extension of up to six months subject to satisfactory progress and school approval. The duration of an RPIS will be reduced by any periods of study undertaken towards a research degree prior to the commencement of the RMIT PhD. The application deadline is 30 October 2015.
RMIT University in Australia.
Scholarships are awarded in all subjects offered by the RMIT University.
Scholarships are available for undertaking a research Doctoral degree at RMIT University.
To be considered for scholarship you must hold, or be currently completing: a Master by research, a Master by coursework with a significant research component graded as high distinction, or equivalent, a Honours degree achieving first class honours and a 4 year bachelor degree achieving a GPA of 4 or equivalent (80% or above). If you do not hold one of the above qualifications, you will only be considered for scholarship if you have previous publications or significant research experience. In addition to the above, to be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- have achieved excellent academic results
- have been offered a place in a PhD program at an Australian RMIT campus commencing in 2016
- have been offered a place that is not conditional on meeting English language requirements OR provide evidence of English language proficiency and meet the English language requirement of the research program before the closing date of the scholarship application
- not already hold a research qualification equivalent to an Australian research doctorate
- provide details of any external funding for tuition or living expenses that you have received or applied for
- hold an Australian student visa for the term of the scholarship and comply with the conditions of the visa.
RMIT may also consider you if you are a non-RMIT student who commenced a research program at another eligible institution but terminated your enrolment within six months of starting and you are applying for or have received external funding for your living expenses. RMIT will consider you ineligible if you commenced your research program prior to Semester 1 2016.
Australian and international applicants can apply for these scholarships.
What does it cover:
The value of the RMIT PhD International Scholarships increase annually in accordance with indexation. In 2015, the RMIT PhD International Scholarship provided the following benefits:
- tuition fees for the standard duration of your research scholarship
- the cost of an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) policy for the standard duration of your program
- a stipend of $28,849 per annum pro rata (full-time mode) which is equivalent to the Government APA rate of $25,849 plus an RMIT top up of $3000
- a relocation allowance for the cost of relocating in order to take up your PhD program, up to $515 per adult and $255 per child to a maximum of $1540
- paid sick, maternity and parental leave (within the limits of the Scholarship Guidelines).
The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic excellence and research potential. All scholarship applications will be ranked based on a model approved by RMIT’s Research Committee.
The mode of applying is online. When applying for a scholarship you will automatically be considered for all scholarships in which you are eligible. You do not need to submit separate applications.
The last date of submission of application is 30 October 2015
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application
Read more: Scholarships in Australia