BAGSS Doctoral Scholarships International Students in Germany is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
international students. These scholarships are awarded for one year, from April 2016 to March 2017. The scholarship amounts to 1,365.00 EUR per month plus a grant for material costs, adding up to a total of 1,468.00 EUR, plus family allowances and child-care expenses in accordance with the DFG guidelines where applicable. The applications deadline is October 31, 2015.
Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences, University of Bamberg (received funding from the German Science Foundation), Germany.
Scholarships are awarded for projects that fit with at least one of School’s four Pillars:
Pillar 1 Education, personal development and learning from early childhood to adulthood
Pillar 2 Education and social inequality across the entire life course
Pillar 3 Changes in human capital, labour markets and demographic structures and their impact on social inequality in modern societies
Pillar 4 Governance, institutional change and political behavior
Scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral research programme at the Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences.
- BAGSS invites applications from highly qualified graduates in the fields of Sociology, Psychology, Education, Political Science, Labour and Educational Economics and Demography. Qualified graduates of related subjects with a strong Social Science background are also encouraged to apply. Candidates must hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in one of the aforementioned subjects or be very close to completion. (The degree must be completed by the time of admission to BAGSS. The next admission date is April 1, 2016.)
- Applicants need to provide at least one, but not more than two proposals for research topics which they would like to pursue in their doctoral project. The suggested topics need to fit thematically to at least one of the four academic pillars of BAGSS.
- Applicants must have an excellent command of English. If English is not your native tongue, you need to supply a proof of proficiency.
German and international students can apply for these doctoral scholarships.
The scholarship amounts to 1,365.00 EUR per month plus a grant for material costs, adding up to a total of 1,468.00 EUR, plus family allowances and child-care expenses in accordance with the DFG guidelines where applicable.
The selection procedure for the starter scholarships – and therefore an admission to BAGSS – is a highly competitive process with appropriate consideration for diversity and equal opportunities. The two main criteria are the candidate’s proven record of academic excellence on the one hand, and BAGSS’ ability to ensure competent, research-led supervision on the other. Criteria applied in the selection procedure for the regular membership at BAGSS, i.e. for the admission to BAGSS, supervision and the award of scholarships
- A complete, formally correct application has been submitted by the advertised deadline in the required fashion
- The statutory criteria for admission to doctoral studies at Bavarian universities are met.
- The research topic for the doctoral dissertation, as proposed in the application, matches the academic profile of BAGSS.
- At least one faculty member of BAGSS, who is eligible for the examination of doctoral theses, agrees to supervise the suggested dissertation topic.
- The complete application has been judged as excellent by a panel of academic assessors from the Graduate School in competition with other applications.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to take part in an interview. Interviews are scheduled to take place in Bamberg in December 2015. In exceptional cases, a video conference may suffice. All candidates will be informed about the final decision before the end of the year 2015.
If you wish to apply for a starter scholarship, all documents, except for the letters of recommendation, need to be submitted as a single PDF (max. 30 MB). In this single PDF file, please do arrange your documents in the following order:
- cover letter
- research proposal(s)
- academic degree certificates and university grade transcripts
- statement of knowledge of research methods
Applications for the scholarship year April 2016 – March 2017 are accepted from September 1, 2015, until October 31, 2015.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application