BI Norwegian Business School Norway International PhD Scholarships 2018 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of taught at BI Norwegian Business School . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholarship Description: The Department of Finance at BI Norwegian Business School is currently inviting applications for new doctoral scholarships, starting August 2018. The PhD specialization in Finance focuses on developing doctoral students’ theoretical knowledge and methodological skills required to become successful researchers in the area of finance.
About University: BI Norwegian Business School is one of Europe’s top business schools with over 20,000 students. As Norway’s leading provider of Business and administrative education, BI builds on a unique tradition of combining professional expertise and industry relevance. The studies range from bachelor to master and doctoral degree programmes. BI is also known for its customised programmes for both private and public sector.
Degree Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Available Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Finance.
Eligibility Criteria: Eligible applicants must have completed a Master of Science degree with thesis work, a research masters/M.Phil degree, or a comparable degree relevant for the specialization in Finance by the early autumn of 2018, with a grade point average of B or higher. An MBA degree does not fulfil the requirements for admission. The four-year scholarship is set according to the Norwegian State Salary Scale and currently pays NOK 467.500, – annually. The position is linked to The Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund (Statens Pensjonskasse). The scholarship involves 25% teaching assistant responsibilities. If applicants are otherwise equally qualified, female applicants will be given preference.
Eligible Nationalities: International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Scholarship Benefits: The four-year scholarship is set according to the Norwegian State Salary Scale and currently pays NOK 467.500, – annually. The position is linked to The Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund (Statens Pensjonskasse). The scholarship involves 25% teaching assistant responsibilities. If applicants are otherwise equally qualified, female applicants will be given preference.
Application Procedure: The application can be submitted only electronically by using the “Send Application” button on the right-hand side in this announcement. E-mail or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
You are required to upload the following electronically with your application:
- Certificate of a Master of Science degree or equivalent, including a transcript of grades.
- Certificate of a Bachelor degree or equivalent, including transcript of grades
- A Diploma Supplement or a similar document, describing in detail the study and grade system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree
- Other relevant certificates and transcripts
- A milestone plan outlining your planned coursework and thesis work in accordance with the requirements of the department
- A description of research interests (and potential research projects)
- Letters of recommendations from relevant employers/tutors providing evidence of your skills as a researcher (a minimum of 2 letters)
- Certificates from previously completed courses at the doctoral level if requesting approval of these for the PhD programme at BI Norwegian Business School (see the last section of § 2-1 in our PhD Regulations)
- A complete list of all publications and/or other documented relevant research activities
- Test scores GMAT /GRE and TOEFL / IELTS (if these are not sent directly by the test center)
Deadline: February 1, 2018