SUMMER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
10-week Full-time Internship
Parkinson Canada is the definitive voice for the Parkinson’s community in Canada. Our purpose is to transform the lives of people living with Parkinson’s. We do this through research leading to better treatments and the end of Parkinson’s, advocacy bringing the voices of Parkinson’s to the forefront, and support that helps people live well with Parkinson’s through education and services. A national registered charity, Parkinson's Canada operates through the generosity of donors and is an accredited organization under the Imagine Canada Standards Program.
As Parkinson Canada employees, we believe in being:
• Bold by embracing new ideas and confidently taking action.
• Compassionate by striving always to walk in the shoes of those we serve.
• Collaborative by working cooperatively with all stakeholders so that together we can achieve more.
• Trustworthy by keeping our word and always doing what we promise
WHAT WE NEED
The Accounting Assistant will provide much-needed support in taking care of the fiscal responsibilities of Parkinson's Canada and support employees with improved efficiencies and services.
Please note, that this role can be based anywhere in Canada. Don’t miss the opportunity to join our team!
• Book accounts payable invoices and expense reports including tax calculations in Microsoft Dynamics
• Reconcile bank and other accounts
• E-filing and document management
• Assist in other accounting tasks as required
Contribute to Team Effectiveness
• Participate in team meetings
• Timely response to inquiries/mails and timely completion of tasks.
• Coordinate daily tasks based on priority
• in weekly department meetings to build accounting, digital, and team working skills to enhance own abilities for career advancement opportunities.
WHAT IS NEEDED TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
• Post-secondary education – 3rd or 4th year
• Pursuing a career in the Accounting Field
• Interpersonal and customer service competencies
• Strong written and verbal communication skills