About the Role
We are seeking out Frontend Engineer Interns for Our Winter Internship Program. The ideal candidate will be interested in developing their skills while becoming a contributing member of our Product Engineering team. You should be excited about learning new languages, frameworks, and technologies. After the Winter Program, successful candidates will be considered for a full-time permanent position.
• Work covers a range of interests and areas of expertise that can scale to what you would like to learn! The following are three areas you could contribute:
• Contribute to the OpenFin UI Library-architect and build accessible, extensible, and well-tested React components used in several OpenFin products shipping this year.
• Help shape the OpenFin Developer Experience-build out automation and testing, documentation, and prototypes, and give tech talks. Help optimize and build engineering processes and community knowledge product engineering teams working with the UI Library.
• Contribute to building new features-deliver a best-in-class user experience in OpenFin products.
What We’re Looking For
• A user-focused, empathetic person who wants to collaborate, write, talk, and dream about code that people will love to use.
• Comfortable building React components and a passion for making them pixel perfect.
• Awareness of accessibility best practices, progressive enhancement, the DOM / Shadow DOM, and how React “works” under the hood.
• Familiarity and an interest in using Typescript, Styled Components, and Framer Motion.
• An interest in learning cross-platform development for Mac and Windows using Electron and modern tools and frameworks like Webpack and NextJS.
A Few Of Our Product Engineering Values
• Code with Empathy -write your code thinking about the person who might use it next, that person might be you
• Don’t follow the GPS into the lake: we like when engineers are intuitive, critical, and opinionated on what they want to work on and how they think things should be built. Design debates as a way to continually improve our processes and software are a core element of our Engineering culture. We want people who strive to make things better and are always willing to learn from others.
• Don’t take all of the blame -when software breaks, we’re all on the hook. We share knowledge, responsibility, and excitement for fixing things when we discover them.