Berlin, Germany - In a significant move to foster global academic collaboration, the SBW Berlin has announced its fully funded scholarship program for the academic year 2023/24. This initiative is set to attract international students from all corners of the globe, offering them a unique opportunity to pursue their academic dreams in Germany.
A Closer Look at the Scholarship:
The SBW Berlin Scholarship, renowned for its comprehensive coverage, is open to both undergraduate and master's students. It aims to support international youth hailing from financially constrained backgrounds. The scholarship's vision is to empower these scholars, enabling them to harness the knowledge they gain in Germany and channel it towards non-profit projects, ideally in their native countries.
Key Details of the Program:
- Study Levels: Undergraduate and Masters
- Hosting Institution: SBW Berlin
- Location: Germany
- Fields of Study: All academic disciplines
- Duration: Varies, depending on the chosen academic program
- Application Windows: Annually from May 15 to June 30 and November 15 to December 31
What the Scholarship Offers:
Successful candidates will be privy to a plethora of benefits:
- Residence in shared student accommodations located in Berlin.
- A monthly cost-of-living stipend.
- Complete waiver of tuition fees.
- A potential travel grant covering the journey to Berlin at the commencement of studies and the return trip upon conclusion.
- Age Bracket: 18-30 years
- Academic Status: Applicants should either be at the onset of their university journey or enrolled within the initial three semesters at a globally recognized university.
- Master's Applicants: Should be nearing the completion of their Bachelor's degree or have recently graduated.
- Academic Performance: An average grade equivalent to a German GPA of a minimum of 2.0.
- Financial Background: Preference given to applicants from households where the net income falls below their home country's average.
- Extracurricular Involvement: A history of engagement in extracurricular activities, with a spotlight on contributions to the non-profit sector.
How to Embark on this Journey:
Prospective scholars are required to submit a detailed application, encompassing personal, academic, and professional particulars. Essential documentation includes a motivation letter, academic transcripts, proof of university entrance qualification, and any relevant employment or internship certificates. All submissions, inclusive of the required documents, should be presented in German or English via email.
This announcement from SBW Berlin underscores its unwavering commitment to nurturing international academic talent and solidifying its position as a beacon of educational excellence.
For a comprehensive overview and application details, readers are directed to the official SBW Berlin Scholarship webpage.