Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation Research Scholarships, Portugal is open for . The scholarship allows level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation Research Scholarships, Portugal
The Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation is a pleased to offer scholarship for a maximum period of ten months to conduct research related to Portuguese Culture. Foreign researchers are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme. These study grants are meant for foreign researchers wishing to conduct research in Portugal in the framework of a PhD or for publishing a book on topics related to Portuguese Culture in the fields of Literature, History, Art History, Musicology and Political Science. Foundation mission is to encourage and facilitate cross-border mobility and cooperation, contributing to building up a vibrant and shared European cultural space that is strongly connected worldwide.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue research programme.
Study Subject: These study grants are meant for foreign researchers wishing to conduct research in Portugal in the framework of a PhD or for publishing a book on topics related to Portuguese Culture in the fields of Literature, History, Art History, Musicology and Political Science.
Participating Institution(s): Portugal
Eligibility: The Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation awards study grants in Portugal to foreign post-graduate students.
Eligible Nationality: Foreign researchers are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Foreign post-graduate studentsare eligible.
Scholarship Benefit: The grant includes:
- Monthly maintenance allowance in accordance with the list approved by Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation;
- When deemed justifiable, the Foundation may reimburse the grant-holder with the
- cost of a round trip, tourist class airplane ticket, or a single 1 t class train ticket,
- from the country of origin. For that purpose the grant-holder will have to present the correspondent document (receipt) to the Gulbenkian Scholarships Department, after the arrival in Portugal;
- If the grant-holder travels by her/his own means, the Foundation may grant a travel allowance equivalent to the cost of the air—flight (tourist class);
- For scholarship periods of more than six months, the grant-holder may, if express, benefit of the Voluntary Social Insurance scheme, as referred in Research Grant Holder Statute approved by Law No. 40/2004, in August 18 and altered by Decree Law No. 202/20 i 2, in August 27.
Supporting Material: To apply for a grant, applicants must attach to the application online, within the fixed dead-line (Chapter IV
- Time-Limits), the following documents (PDF or JPG up to 2MB):)
- University degree;
- A curriculum vitae proving that the applicant is prepared for the work she/he plans to do;
- A properly structured working plan clearly defining the subject of the research or specialisation and the objectives thereof;
- A document proving that the applicant has already ensured access to the Portuguese institution at which she/he plans to work and the approval of the working plan, when it will be the case;
- In cases not covered by d), a document proving that a qualified advisor chosen by the applicant has approved the work
- plan and is prepared to act in that capacity;
- A document issued by the institution where applicant works or by two suitable persons from the academic or professional area attesting to the importance and pertinence of the working plan and the applicant’s ability to implement it in full.
- For grants under paragraph b) of Art. I, the publisher’s commitment to publish the work within 24 months after the end of the grant.
- Legal identification documents (Identity Card or Passport).
Application Procedure for Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation Research Scholarships, Portugal
Application Procedure: The mode of application is online.
Application Form Link
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is 31st March-2016.