Cancer Research UK 4 Year PhD Studentships at Barts Cancer Institute in UK, 2019 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of taught at Barts Cancer Institute . The deadline of the scholarship is .
Scholarship Description: The Barts Cancer Institute is offering Cancer Research UK 4 year PhD studentships to commence in September 2019. Studentships are available for International students.
Our training programme aims to develop a cohort of scientists equipped both intellectually and technically to conduct the highest quality research on cancer.
Scholarship Provider: BCI was created in 2003, and brought together some of the most eminent cancer research teams in London. We are one of the six Institutes within the Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London. Barts Cancer Institute (BCI) is one of the top five cancer research centres in the UK and is one of 13 Cancer Research UK Centres of Excellence.
Degree Level: Studentships are available to pursue a PhD research program.
Available Subject: We are now inviting applications for the following projects:
- Characterising the immune signatures that drive the evolution of follicular lymphoma from pre-malignant to malignant states
- Development and implementation of a computational systems biology approach for the identification of novel therapeutic targets in follicular lymphoma.
Scholarship Benefits: These studentships include the following funding for 4 years:
- A tax-free annual stipend of £21,000
- Tuition Fees at the Home/EU rate
- Project consumables
Eligible Nationalities: Studentships are available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: These studentships are open to graduates with either:
- A 2:1 or 1st degree in a related subject; or,
- A 2:2 in a related subject with a subsequent MSc awarded with Merit or Distinction
If your degree has not yet been awarded but you are expected to meet the above entry requirements you are welcome to apply.
For more information on international equivalencies please see here.
Application Procedure: You will need to complete our online application form. You will be required to include the following as part of your application:
- Your CV
- Statement of purpose
- Details of 2 referees. At least one of your references must be an academic one.
- Copy of your transcript(s), including a breakdown of marks
- If applicable, proof of English proficiency
When completing the application form, please ensure that:
- In the Research Proposal section, you indicate the name of the supervisor and title of the project that you are applying for. There is no requirement to upload a Research Proposal as you will be applying for a specific project
- Within the Funding section, you select I am a QMUL PG Research Studentship applicant and then type CRUK Accelerator studentship in the box below
- You provide all supporting documents, as we are unable to consider incomplete applications.
Deadline: January 18, 2019