Doctoral Fellowships for International Students at University of the Free State in South Africa, 2017 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of taught at . The deadline of the scholarship is .
The University of the Free State is offering Doctoral Fellowships for all South African and foreign nationals. Candidates interested in pursuing an academic career in higher education studies or higher education and development are especially encouraged to apply.
The Centre for Research on Higher Education and Development (CRHED) at the University of the Free State is offering doctoral fellowships for suitably qualified, highly motivated and talented candidates. Fellowships will be awarded to candidates interested in pursuing an academic career in higher education studies or higher education and development.
Degree Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing doctoral programme.
Available Subject: Fellowships are awarded in Higher Education and Development.
- R 150,000 annual fellowship (Note that registration fees are deducted annually)
- R 30,000 annual additional research expenses fund
Eligibility: The Fellowship is open to all South African and foreign nationals for full-time research at the University of the Free State. Prospective Fellow’s need to meet the following criteria:
- Graduated with a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline within the last five years and a minimum average grade of 70%.
- Successful applicants may not hold full-time salaried employment during the fellowship.
- Successful applicants must be able to relocate to the UFS for the duration of the fellowship. This is a residential fellowship: the successful applicant is required to spend 80% of her/his doctoral period at the UFS.
Eligible Nationalities: Fellowship is open to all South African and foreign nationals.
Application Procedure: To apply, please email the following documentation to Prof Merridy Wilson-Strydom, Email: wilsonstyrdommg-at-ufs.ac.za
- Motivation letter for joining CRHED
- A 4-6 page outline of your proposed doctoral research
- Full CV including any research publications, conference papers and grants
- Full transcripts of academic record and copy of Master’s degree certificate
- Copy of ID document (or copy of passport in the case of foreign applicants)
- Contact details of two academic refere
Deadline: The application deadline is September 30, 2017.