Swansea University is inviting applications for Fully Funded PhD Studentship in Mechanical Engineering. This studentship is open to UK/EU and international students.
Swansea University is a public research university located in Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom. It was chartered as University College of Swansea in 1920, as the fourth college of the University of Wales and in 1948 became the first campus university in the UK. In 1996, it changed its name to the University of Wales Swansea following structural changes within the University of Wales.
Degree Level: Studentship is available for PhD degree programme at Swansea University.
Available Subject: Studentship is available in Mechanical Engineering: Stochastic Model Updating in Nonlinear Structural Dynamics.
Scholarship benefits: The studentship covers the full cost of UK/EU and international tuition fees, plus a tax free stipend of £14,296 p.a.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Applicants should have a first class (1:1), upper second class (2:1) Bachelor’s degree (or its overseas equivalent) and/or Master’s degree qualification in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or a related area.
- Candidates with experience in structural dynamics and those with a background in Mathematics are encouraged to apply. Experience in MATLAB coding and vibration testing and/or industrial experience is desirable.
- This studentship is open to UK/EU and international students.
Eligible Nationalities: This studentship is open to UK/EU and international students.
Application Procedure: To apply, please complete and return your:
- CV (including a list of publications and names of two references)
- English language test certificate (non-native English speaking applicants)
- BSc and MSc transcripts (if applicable)
by email to: Dr Hamed Haddad Khodaparast (h.haddadkhodaparast-at-swansea.ac.uk) and Professor Michael Friswell (M.I.Friswell-at-Swansea.ac.uk)
Deadline: The deadline for applications is May 1, 2017.