Fusion Art invites submissions for the Skies online art exhibition for the month of September 2017.
For this competition, artists are encouraged to submit their best art and photography depicting the sky. The sky is everything that lies above the surface of the Earth, including the atmosphere and outer space. The theme includes any depiction of the skies, including clouds, rainbows, aurorae, lightning, precipitation and storms, stars, planets, the moon, celestial events, the night sky, the day sky, dusk, and dawn – just as long as the sky is the main focus.
The artwork can range from realism to surrealism to abstraction and all artists and photographers over the age of 18, regardless of location or experience, are encouraged to submit their best representational and non-representational work.
All competitions include awards in two categories – “Traditional” Art and ” Photography & Digital” Art and the Best in Show winners in each category will be invited to participate in the 2nd annual group show in Palm Springs in November 2017.
Dates and Deadlines
- Call for Artists Announced: July 12, 2017
- Deadline for Entries: August 27, 2017
- Opening of Online Exhibition: September 1, 2017
- Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: September 30, 2017 (remains on website under “Archived Exhibitions”)
- A non-refundable entry fee of $25 is required for up to 2 images.
- Additional images may be submitted for a non-refundable fee of $10 each.
- No more than a total of 5 images (2 for $25, and 3 for $10/ea.) will be accepted in any one submission. An artist may enter more than once.
- Payment is required at the time of entry.
- ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- Please note we have new, simplified, image labeling guidelines: NEW IMAGE LABELING: Image should be labeled as Title_FirstName_LastName.jpeg. Example: Untitled_John_Smith.jpg.
Acceptable Mediums & Sizes
- “Traditional” is open to the following 2D mediums: painting, drawing, pastels, inks, pencil, encaustic, and mixed media.
- “Photography & Digital” is open to the following mediums: analogue photography, digital photography, digital photo artwork, digital painting, digital manipulations, digital collage, photo painting, vector drawing, digital mixed media (integrated art).
- Size limitation for artwork is 48″ x 60″ x 3″ (Other sizes will be considered upon request).
- 3-dimensional art is not an acceptable medium in this competition.
- Cash awards will be given to the top three (3) winners in each category.
- The Best in Show winner in each category will be the “Featured Artists” on the website for the duration of the exhibition. Winners will receive extensive online publicity and promotion. They will also receive an invitation to participate in Fusion Art’s 2nd annual group show in Palm Springs, CA in November 2017, which will feature the Best in Show winners from the previous 12 months of online exhibitions.
- Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Honorable Mention and/or Special Recognition awards may also be given.
- Winning artists will receive a digital award certificate, event announcement and copy of the press release for their art portfolio.
- A video of the group exhibition will be created and available on the exhibition web page and Fusion Art’s YouTube channel.
- The artists will be promoted on the website, in online press releases to more than 200+ outlets, in online event calendars, art news websites and through the gallery’s social media outlets.
- Links to the artist’s website will be listed on the exhibition page and should result in increased traffic to the artist’s website.
- Fusion Art’s objective is to promote the artists, worldwide, to art professionals, gallerists, collectors, and buyers.
Fusion Art utilizes the Submittable platform to receive, process and jury all competition entries.
Submittable is an international platform that is used for administrative processing by over 9000 organizations that specialize in art, photography, publishing, music, film-making, education and grants. It provides artists with a free, secure and easy-to-use system to apply to a wide variety of national (and international) juried art exhibitions 24 hours a day. There is no cost to the artist to register on the site and all payments processed through Submittable are secure. Submittable accepts both credit cards and PayPal.